An old school Saturday Afternoon build, Italerei 1/72 Henschel Hs-126

My first completion of 2021 is the venerable Italerei 1/72 Henschel Hs-126 which I decided to build as a homage to all those Saturday afternoon pocket money builds of my childhood. Built over several Saturday afternoons. Grandstand is no longer broadcast on the TV so listening to the football on the radio had to do instead and I used a cutting mat instead of Newspaper!

I made no attempt to correct or update the kit other than to add a small block of resin to replicate the tropical air filter and some masking tape seatbelts. Painted using Colourcoats Enamels and the kit decals were used. No Hakenkrus were supplied and I did consider leaving them off but as all my other Luftwaffe builds are fully marked I decided to raid the spares box. Unintentionally I did manage to add an out of register pair to compliment the slightly out of register kit decals :) . The only thing missing from my typical 1970's build is the gluey thumb print, I hope you like it.

IMG_8214_HEIC-L.jpg

IMG_8216_HEIC-L.jpg

IMG_8219_HEIC-L.jpg

IMG_8221_HEIC-L.jpg

IMG_8222_HEIC-L.jpg

IMG_8223_HEIC-L.jpg

Duncan B

• Like 39

55 minutes ago, TonyW said:

All done, just in time for Dr Who.

Pink Panther first...

That's a really neat build. I love the faded paint look and very subtle weathering.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, TonyW said:

Quick, behind the sofa!!!

Nice build, Duncan. To me, This one always looked tougher and more Military than the delicate looking Storch.

• Thanks 1

Very nicely done! :clap2:

4 hours ago, Duncan B said:

My first completion of 2021 is the venerable Italerei 1/72 Henschel Hs-126 which I decided to build as a homage to all those Saturday afternoon pocket money builds of my childhood. ...

The only thing missing from my typical 1970's build is the gluey thumb print, I hope you like it.

You had some mad skills back then with that mottled paint scheme!

• Haha 1

I started to do this very same thing to this kit many months ago but ended up putting back in to the massive pile of kits to do. 

Now you make me want to get it back out and proceed with my original intentions.

Great job!  Inspires me to go dig it out again!

Todder

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, TonyW said:

Sometimes less is more. A very nice build indeed.

In my day it was the football scores on ITV' World of Sport for Dad's to check the Littlewoods and Vernon's  pools.

Plenty of time to build a kit, grab a cushion or find space at the back of the sofa- all in time for the Dr's latest escapade.🤣

• Haha 1