Construction Transport Loading - UPDATE!!!!!

This is roughly complete, I'm still working on the details and placement. Been re-arranging the placement of the vehicles more and more to find the perfect spot. Working on painting figures, which are not the best in details or features. Trying to find other figures, that will look much better than the ones I'm working on presently. Slowly but surely things are hopefully falling into position. Got to add the hydraulic spillage and more weathering here and there before calling it quits. The scale I'm working on is 1/35. The theme is simple and is part of usual transport method, in certain countries. Not sure if it is done every exactly, but have seen several types of methods being used to put a front loader into a shipping container. This is just one of the methods used. Hope you all like the images. Apology for the bad photos. Will take better ones when done.

----------------------

fug_forklift26-vi.jpg

fug_forklift3-vi.jpg

fug_forklift4-vi.jpg

fug_forklift5-vi.jpg

fug_forklift6-vi.jpg

fug_forklift7-vi.jpg

fug_forklift15-vi.jpg

fug_forklift17-vi.jpg

fug_forklift18-vi.jpg

fug_forklift18a-vi.jpg

----------------------------

fug_forklift-vi.jpg

fug_forklift8-vi.jpg

fug_forklift9-vi.jpg

fug_forklift10-vi.jpg

fug_forklift11-vi.jpg

fug_forklift12-vi.jpg

fug_forklift13-vi.jpg

fug_forklift16-vi.jpg

fug_forklift19-vi.jpg

fug_forklift20-vi.jpg

fug_forklift21-vi.jpg

fug_forklift22-vi.jpg

-------------------------------------------

fug_forklift24-vi.jpg

fug_forklift25-vi.jpg

fug_forklift27-vi.jpg

fug_forklift28-vi.jpg

Edited by tiking
  • Like 33
  • Thanks 1

Outstanding work. I only realised that work equipment could be got in 1/35 at Christmas when we got the roller for my son as a joke. This is an area I will have to look at in more depth. Excellent weathering.

1 hour ago, cmatthewbacon said:

Amazing... the weathering is incredible, as usual...

best,

M.

thank you. :)

1 hour ago, keefr22 said:

That is excellent! Hope you can find the figures the models deserve, as they will really bring it to life - even without them though that is some stunning modelling!

Keith

I have added 3 figures already and done more weathering. will post photos later.

1 hour ago, MR2Don said:

Outstanding. Incredible attention to detail, there must be everything in there but the kitchen sink...hold on, let me have another look.

HeHe!!! Thank you.

1 hour ago, KieranH said:

Outstanding work. I only realised that work equipment could be got in 1/35 at Christmas when we got the roller for my son as a joke. This is an area I will have to look at in more depth. Excellent weathering.

There are several actually. Most from Hasegawa. 

11 minutes ago, Homer said:

Excellent piece of work, looks very realistic well done 👏 

thank you kindly.

This is fantastic and very lifelike, I love it

I used to work for a tractor exporter and when we had a container to load we used to mark out 40 feet or whatever size we were shipping with and then work out how we were going to load them. All sorts of  ways including removing tyres or sometimes complete wheels. If I remember correctly to get 4 Ford 5000 tractors which were about 10ft 6", we used to take the nose cone, rear wheels and hydraulic linkage off one to shorten enough to get the fourth one in. Used to get really interesting sometimes. Funniest instance was when we had succession of complaints about bugs in containers which apparently was a political thing at specific docks that a delivery was going to. So the boss filled container and then put some "anti insect bombs" in, probably formaldehyde ( it was the 70s ) After opening it they never complained again. I also deal with a company now that send combines abroad in containers, now that is a wriggle. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, cherry268 said:

This is fantastic and very lifelike, I love it

I used to work for a tractor exporter and when we had a container to load we used to mark out 40 feet or whatever size we were shipping with and then work out how we were going to load them. All sorts of  ways including removing tyres or sometimes complete wheels. If I remember correctly to get 4 Ford 5000 tractors which were about 10ft 6", we used to take the nose cone, rear wheels and hydraulic linkage off one to shorten enough to get the fourth one in. Used to get really interesting sometimes. Funniest instance was when we had succession of complaints about bugs in containers which apparently was a political thing at specific docks that a delivery was going to. So the boss filled container and then put some "anti insect bombs" in, probably formaldehyde ( it was the 70s ) After opening it they never complained again. I also deal with a company now that send combines abroad in containers, now that is a wriggle. 

Great reference story. Thanks. It's amazing what they can get into a container. Have some great photos. here are some of them, I used for references:

Check this video out:

zl50-vi.jpg

loi-vi.jpg

B0uOHVFIAAA3tC_-vi.jpg

10 minutes ago, swralph said:

Superb modelling all round.😀

glad you liked it. thanks for looking.

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, Pete in Lincs said:

Yes, Boss. We can get it in there. Getting it out again is someone else's problem!

Excellent work and very impressive, as always. Looking forward to the final pictures.

Thank Pete. appreciate it.

• Like 1

• tiking changed the title to Tight Squeeze - Construction Vehicle Transport

Got to echo all the other comments, these are very well done to your usual high standard. The whole thing looks very realistic.

However is it just me whose first thought was that it looked as though these had been 'liberated' from an unsuspecting construction site for 'export' :laugh:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, JeroenS said:

Brilliant stuff. Great scene, so much to look at.

Appreciate it. Thanks for commenting. 

27 minutes ago, Spiny said:

Got to echo all the other comments, these are very well done to your usual high standard. The whole thing looks very realistic.

However is it just me whose first thought was that it looked as though these had been 'liberated' from an unsuspecting construction site for 'export' :laugh:

Haha! It would seem so. Although, the front loader has been given a wash down first. The roller on the other hand is a different issue altogether... Haha! The machines are heading across country to a buyer who probably isn't too picky. :)

• Haha 1

• tiking changed the title to Heavy Construction Vehicle Transport

Awesome diorama!

I love the weathering and wear & tear on the vehicles and surfaces - so realistic.

The litter is the icing on the cake, for making it seem like I'm really in the scene!

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

3 hours ago, kapam said:

Awesome diorama!

I love the weathering and wear & tear on the vehicles and surfaces - so realistic.

The litter is the icing on the cake, for making it seem like I'm really in the scene!

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

Appreciate the positive vibe. Thank you for your comment. 

3 hours ago, busnproplinerfan said:

You just never know what's in a seacan. Lots of attention to detail.

That is so true. Glad you like the outcome of the diorama. I just have to make sure the placement of every detail is to my satisfaction before locking everything down. I just need to get the figures right, add a couple more sporadic details and lastly build one of those mobile caddy to have under the fifth wheel attachment. Then I'll be good. 

1 hour ago, Andy Moore said:

Superb work as always tiking. A weathering masterclass.

Andy:cat:

Always a joy to see comments from you. :) Appreciate it. Thank you.