Applying lozenge decals

Duncan B

1 minute ago, dov said:

Stop!!!!!!

Try it this way! You have no headache!

If you need instruction how to do it, so ask please!

Forget decals. Never work properly.

Happy modelling

I have the Montex masks too. For a model where the lozenges will be the final finish I will prefer to paint them on (if I can ever find the correct paint colours without having to mix them). My Albatros D.V has the lozenges painted over so I just need a hint of them showing through the paint, decals are the easier option for this I think.

Maketar also do lozenge paint masks according to their website.

Duncan B

Hi

Longenze painting vs. decal:

Why I broached the subject of spraying is simply that this modeler has problems with the decals on the underside of the wing.

On the underside, I had the problem with several models that the decal lifts off in the largest curve and no longer adheres.

Exactly to avoid that, I wanted to bring up the idea of using masks.

As for the colors: just like that. Buy 5 (4) or 10 (8) empty chars from Gunze to mix with. They're airtight.

Mix the colors as you feel and spray a little on an old plastic part.

Compare it with the decal until you are satisfied with the result. Color by color.

If you have the top and bottom, then all 10 (8) colors.

I love safe methods than anticipating failure from the start.

That slows the joy of model making enormously.

Take a cheap kit of an Albatros von Roden to practice instead of a valuable one from WNW.

Maketar is no option in the EU. No website to order, and to order in GB is out of option present day.

Happy modelling

• Like 1

On 2/14/2021 at 8:39 AM, dov said:

Hi

Longenze painting vs. decal:

Why I broached the subject of spraying is simply that this modeler has problems with the decals on the underside of the wing.

On the underside, I had the problem with several models that the decal lifts off in the largest curve and no longer adheres.

Exactly to avoid that, I wanted to bring up the idea of using masks.

As for the colors: just like that. Buy 5 (4) or 10 (8) empty chars from Gunze to mix with. They're airtight.

Mix the colors as you feel and spray a little on an old plastic part.

Compare it with the decal until you are satisfied with the result. Color by color.

If you have the top and bottom, then all 10 (8) colors.

I love safe methods than anticipating failure from the start.

That slows the joy of model making enormously.

Take a cheap kit of an Albatros von Roden to practice instead of a valuable one from WNW.

Maketar is no option in the EU. No website to order, and to order in GB is out of option present day.

Happy modelling

I did notice that Maketar stock was low at Hannants the other day when I was looking to order some Luftwaffe Spinner spiral masks. I wonder if Maketar are still in business?

Duncan B