T-60 Light Tank (Plant No. 264 Early)

In the first months of T-60 production, Soviet factories were disrupted severely by the German advance.  Factory No.264 outside of Stalingrad, which would end up as the second highest producer of T-60 tanks, took a while getting up to speed and was assembling T-60s from components coming from other factories that had been packed up and sent deeper into the country as they were getting overrun.

I converted a Miniart early Plant No.237 into a screened (uparmoured) early Factory 264 T-60.  The unique armour plates (rounded at the bottom) of the particular vehicle I was modeling are not included in Miniart’s early 264 kit, so I added sheet brass armour plates to the turret and converted the hull to a welded one, as was produced at Factory 264.

The Miniart T-60 kits are really well done, very detailed and a pleasure to build.  This is my fourth build of the seven gun tanks, so perhaps I’m in need of some counseling...

T-60 Factory No.234 T-60 Factory No.234 T-60 Factory No.234 T-60 Factory No.234 T-60 Factory No.234

50843939731_71dec5043f_b.jpg

50850857323_e041ce13c9.jpg

Edited by f matthews
  • Like 21
  • Thanks 1

Splendid result with the painting and the realistic finish of the interior.

I also liked the brief historical text. Interesting information helped to brighten the presentation of the model.

• Like 1

I've got a version of this kit somewhere in the stash. Yours turned out beautifully. I will bookmark this thread for when I have a go at mine. Thank you for sharing. :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1