Two different E Type Jags,1/43 kits.

There has been some E Type discussion but in the 1/43 area there's no shortage of  choices of new and older kits. Here are two cars that raced in the U.S. The white one with green is quite well known - Group 44 racing team,driver is,was Bob Tullius,I saw this car in real life at the National Motor Museum the other year which was a nice surprise. It's a Provence Moulage resin kit.

The white one is famous for being the last E Type to win any race in 1980. Won races in the SCCA series,despite a few dirty tricks by the other teams! Must have been one the fastest E types ever. Oh,the team was called Gran Turismo and they are both screwed to a grey primered display case,I think by Trumpeter,just the right size for two 1/43rds. The kit was made by the Jaguar Model Club,which was disbanded a while ago. Equal I would say to a Marsh Models kit,a resin  body and everything else is metal. These need making in 1/24 perhaps? 

Chris.

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

Liking those a lot!  I was familar with the V12 one, but wasn't aware that there was a similar Series 1.  Very nice builds, and they make a great pairing! 😎

Very nice Chris, love these old Jags, particularly the Group 44 one, the green and white livery reminds me of the TWR XJ-S which I loved as a kid, I remember asking my Uncle why his new XJ-S wasn't in the "proper" colours a question met with a withering stare and a shake of the head.

Cheers - Rab.