1/48 Sherman T48 track link

Huw

Hi all - anyone have any creative solutions to dealing with a missing link of 1/48 scale Sherman T48 track? I somehow managed to lose a link when building the Tamiya 1/48 kit (see pic) and the blasted kit doesn't come with any spare links or even spare track sections for ablative armour that I could chop up. Any ideas short of buying another kit? 

spacer.png

Drop these chaps an email and im sure they will help...they import Tamiya to the Uk...i was doing a Challenger one for a customer and melted the gun barrel...emailed them with the part number and how i messed up and they sent the entire sprue for the gun.

http://www.hobbyco.net/scripts/oe11.3/cgiip.exe/WService=WSHobbyV3EcomLive/sys/homepage.p

• Like 1

I have occasionally cast parts I need in miliput. Don't know how it would work for a track link. Probably need to be done in several parts. Just a thought if you can't get one anywhere else....................

If you have a link left you can use "Blue Stuff" to make a mould to cast a copy.

spacer.png

You can get it off Amazon or Ebay (and other places I'm sure) you put a stick of "Blue Stuff" in hot water and it becomes mouldable you simply press it around the original and leave it to go hard, it is flexible when set so you can overlap the original slightly create your copy with your favourite putty. It seems immune to styrene solvent so you could even use "Sprue-goo"

• Like 1