Matchbox Handley Page Heyford 1/72

Nice job.  I did a lot of work on R/C drawings and a friend has an R/C underway.  I'll bet a lot of us have this one in the stash, I do and also built one long ago.

Edited by jeaton01
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Lawnguylander said:

The quality of your build is testament to the fact that you are an experienced modeler, and not likely to be prone to simple mistakes- That said, what are the exhausts mounted backwards?

Because that’s how they were installed on the real aeroplane.  Why that was I know not, but someone at Rolls Royce, Handley Page, RAE or the Air Ministry or any other interested party must have thought it was a good idea......

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Lord Riot said:

That’s stunning! Very impressive. I remember having this as a kid, wouldn’t mind trying again looking at how nice yours turned out.

Thank you. There are a few on eBay for silly money.

11 hours ago, dogsbody said:

My only issue is that the photos could be a bit larger, by about a third.

Chris

Hi, Chris. Thanks, but I'm not sure the quality of my work would stand up to larger photos.:lol:

11 hours ago, junglierating said:

What a beauty 

Thanks for your comments.

10 hours ago, Buzby061 said:

Nice work. Not something I would like to have gone to war in!

Pete

Thanks, Pete. Yes I agree. Imagine trying to escape from a 109 in one. 

10 hours ago, SAT69 said:

I've never heard of that airplane but your model is definitely impressive. Very nice work!

Thanks. Although it had a short service life, it was the main stalwart of Bomber Command pre WW2

9 hours ago, russ c said:

Great job on that Vinnie, really nice work

Thanks, Russ. I appreciate your comments.

1 hour ago, wellsprop said:

Lovely build, I still can't quite believe that this was the RAF's main bomber, even in the 30's!

Apparently one did a loop at a pre war air display, probably Hendon.

Station underwear stocks were depleted a bit afterwards.

• Haha 5

Truly outstanding result.

This reminds of the one I given my my mother’s friend when I was a kid. She gave it to her son but he had no interest in it. I went to start building it only to find some of the main bits missing. It later turned out that he’d tried to build it without referring to the instructions and got in a temper, snapped the wings and threw them away.:fraidnot:

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Brigbeale said:

It later turned out that he’d tried to build it without referring to the instructions

Never have I ever ... 🙂

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, wellsprop said:

Lovely build, I still can't quite believe that this was the RAF's main bomber, even in the 30's!

Late 1930's too. The pace of change during that period was astounding.  It's staggering to think the B-29 first flew only 5 years after the Heyford left frontline service.

• Like 3