Hi to all from Germany

Reforgermodeller

Hi, my name is Uwe and i life in Germany, Lower Bavaria since two Years. I was born 60 klicks southwest of Nuremberg in 1970.

I build scale models since my 10th Birthday as a Black Widow ( it was a Airfix Kit ) was given to me as a present. My main interest is building Modelkits from the Reforger-Aera and the Excercises in the 80`s.

I`d like to thank you all for accepting me here and wish you a happy modelling.

Stay healthy and sorry for my English.

Cheers to all

Uwe🤓 

• Like 3

Gidday Uwe, welcome aboard. I did a Black Widow myself a couple of years ago. Do you still have yours, or photos of it?

And don't apologize for your English, it's better than mine, because I'm Australian. 😁 And my German is very limited. So you're streets ahead of me in the language department. Regards, Jeff.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Reforgermodeller said:

Hi, my name is Uwe and i life in Germany, Lower Bavaria since two Years. I was born 60 klicks southwest of Nuremberg in 1970.

I build scale models since my 10th Birthday as a Black Widow ( it was a Airfix Kit ) was given to me as a present. My main interest is building Modelkits from the Reforger-Aera and the Excercises in the 80`s.

I`d like to thank you all for accepting me here and wish you a happy modelling.

Stay healthy and sorry for my English.

Cheers to all

Uwe🤓 

Hi Uwe. I also live in Germany. lower Bavaria but my German is terrible I am an Australian and have recently joined the forum. so much good Information here

• Thanks 1

Gidday again, I thought it unlikely but I had to ask, you never know. I only have two of my late school years models left (I'm 64) - a very battered Airfix Scharnhorst and a scratch built USS North Carolina BB55.

As a first kit the Black Widow would have been quite an achievement. Regards, Jeff.

Welcome, Uwe!  When we lived in Germany in the mid-late 70's, my dad spent entire summers engaged in REFORGER exercises on the Grafenwoehr range.  Several families of kids and our moms would go on vacation around the Low Countries and in parts of Germany, and therefore had a much better time of it!  It was in Germany that I discovered Matchbox models and 1/144 Revell A.G. (Germany) kits.  Good times!

On 18/01/2021 at 13:28, Reforgermodeller said:

sorry for my English.

:welcome: aboard Uwe, and never ever apologise for your English.  If we had to type in German, about 95% of us would have to remain silent, 4% would sound like gibbering idiots, and the remaining 1% would probably be able to make themselves understood. You're doing great :yes: