1/72 Horizon Models Mercury Spacecraft

The other half of the Christmas present from my daughter.

I have assembled both spacecraft and can't decide what missions I want to build,  mmmmm.

Pictures later.

Box art

boxart.jpg

Back of the box and Instructions.

instructions.jpg

Decals.

decals.jpg

PE x 2

PE.jpg

And parts x 2.

DSC4876-3.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Stephen

• Like 6

This kit can be built in 4 spacecraft.

You can get 2 boilerplate spacecraft and 2 of either porthole or window spacecraft or a combination of both.

You can build the "Big Joe" mission with parts 13, 4, 6 and PE 7 and 4?.

MR-BD with parts 4, 6 and cutdown 13, the parts for the escape tower and PE 7 and 4?, there is enough decals for 4 craft.

Stephen

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have made a lot of progress with these.

20210130-185525-1.jpg

I said I will get 4 capsules / spacecraft out of this kit.

Left:  Mercury Atlas Boilerplate, middle: Mercury Redstone Boilerplate and right I can get 2 other spacecraft.  These will be John Glenn's and Carpenter's capsules in orbit modes.

I screwed up the Mercury Redstone with the wrong decals, I should have used the black ones. This wont be a problem as I have 2 more Mercury Spacecraft kits coming, I plan to build all the different capsules.

The other capsule is my attempt at Metallic Blue Black.  Every time I look at the capsule it is a different colour, still deciding if it needs more black.

20210130-185611-1.jpg

Sorry for the lousy focus, I used a phone.

It is good I got focus on the cat's bed.  The cat's bed is on top of a box on top of a table where he feels safe from the marauding monsters - dogs.

These capsules show that there is a little work needed to get the escape tower to sit in the right place.  The escape tower is quite strong and there is no problem removing the material to get a good fit.

Thanks for looking.

Stephen

• Like 4