New ugly from NI

Blueowen

Thanks for allowing me to join the group and hello to everyone. I hope I’m doing this right and posting in the right place - admin please put me right if I’m not! I think I last built a model around 40 years ago - the days when I would build a kit from Woolworths and slap it together with the compulsory glue fingerprints on the canopy and off kilter u/c because the Spitfire I’d just thrown together had to scramble before the glue set to intercept an invading Saab Viggen.  I loved it as a kid and always wanted to take it up again but never the right time with work, kids and house stuff to do. Well I built up a bit of a stash this last year, bought some tools and have just built my first kit - a 1/35 Tamiya Challenger 2. Thought I would try something different then get some aircraft on the go. The Challenger isn’t complete but I’ve done all I can do for now as I’m about to have my first dabble in the art of airbrushing. Hope to get started on that later this week. Going to be looking at some articles on the site for a few tips. Thanks again everyone it’s a great site.

• Like 5

Hello Blueowen...:post1: from the City of Chicago USA. I still get the occasional glue fingerprint, and Ive been build since ‘79. Feel free to ask questions down in tools & tips for paint and Air brush info. 

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/forum/68-tools-amp-tips/

Im mostly aircraft and the occasional armor build. 

Sláinte
Dennis

6 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Hello Blueowen...:post1: from the City of Chicago USA. I still get the occasional glue fingerprint, and Ive been build since ‘79. Feel free to ask questions down in tools & tips for paint and Air brush info. 

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/forum/68-tools-amp-tips/

Im mostly aircraft and the occasional armor build. 

Sláinte
Dennis

Thanks Dennis I will certainly be looking at the tools and tips info and doing my best to keep my grubby fingers away from those clear parts. At least glue is liquid now and has a brush - not when I was a youngster. Modelling has come on so far now hasn’t it and the engineering that goes into kit production is awesome. Will see how it goes. Thanks again - Neil.

• Like 1