Hello from Oporto - Portugal!

Diogo Monteiro

Hello Everyone! Hope you're all safe and sound!

My name is Diogo, I'm a 22 year-old guy from Oporto (Portugal). 
At the moment I'm a student pilot (EASA ATPL) flying the Cessna 152/172 so far. During my free time I do some planespotting at Oporto Airport (LPPR), also I'm doing my best in German, language I've started to learn in 2019. 

I've started along with my dad, into the modeling world, in March 2020 due to the general lockdown we've had in Europe due to the SARS-CoV-2 virus pandemic and since that, we both stayed in our garage doing some models. 

You can find me on Instagram as @diogomontteiro or @oportospotter where I share some of my work as a photographer, student pilot and now as a modeler! 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Hello Diogo... :post1: from the windy city of Chicago USA. Im mostly aviation myself and have a Cessna 172 build lining up for the near future. Ive seen and read very nice things about Portugal, and hope to visit there someday. 

Dennis

Thanks for your kind words Dennis! I never went to Chicago, only to New York City but Chicago must be very beautiful. I’m sure you can listen some good jazz around! I have a bit crowded queque of airplanes to build but I don’t have a C172 to be honest, although it is. Good airplane for flying 😁. Hope I can show some of my future works here. It might be unrealistic but it’s my first time in a forum. 
all the best! 

• Like 1

Bemvindo! Looking forward to your models. Covid is a terrible thing, but at least we all have time to do our models because we're stock inside.

(I love your home town by the way - I used to go to Porto on business two or three times a year. Actually I used to stay at the Novotel over the river in Vila Nova de Gaia, I loved to walk down to the beach in the evenings.)

2 hours ago, TonyOD said:

Bemvindo! Looking forward to your models. Covid is a terrible thing, but at least we all have time to do our models because we're stock inside.

(I love your home town by the way - I used to go to Porto on business two or three times a year. Actually I used to stay at the Novotel over the river in Vila Nova de Gaia, I loved to walk down to the beach in the evenings.)

Yes, both my parents work into the aviation industry and since March 2020 they spent most of their times at home, let's hope for better times! The river at Vila Nova de Gaia as we call "Cais de Gaia" its a nice spot for a sunset and even to drink a Port! 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Diogo Monteiro said:

its a nice spot for a sunset and even to drink a Port! 

It's very beautiful. This is a piece of cork bark I picked at Cabedelo do Douro about 28 years ago. It hangs on my bathroom wall and brings happy memories of your country! Best wishes!

spacer.png

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mark said:

Hi Diogo! :welcome: from me, an easyJet pilot based in Lyon and regularly (well, I used to!) fly into Oporto :)

Hey Mark! So we've probably met each other on the frequency already :D 

Next time you fly to OPO let me know maybe I can spot you!