1/24 Italeri Peterbild 378 WIP.

DannyVM

I'm not a real truck know it all guy......in fact, in this sort of matter i'm a real noob.....but.....i like those massive American trucks and i always wanted to build one.

So, to make a long story short, i started one and i hope you guy's over here can give me the much needed feedback to bring this build to a good end.😀

So, this is the kit i'm going to tackle.......

qKJpsWSl.jpg

Nothing fancy, i'm just going to build it oob.🙂

Starting with the Detroit Diesel engine. For an engine straight out of the kit i like the way of details. But due to the lack of many details and my lack of knowledge i will stick to the pure kit build..

kv2gT3Ol.jpg

m4iR5qtl.jpg

K5mmiQPl.jpg

We go further with the frame work.

D0AmmG1l.jpg

A quick dry-fit of the engine, and all is going great.....

d4xaClbl.jpg

1brXYBUl.jpg

0ra5zNal.jpg

Next step, put some paint onto the part's........😬

• Like 1

Ok guy's, time to paint some part's, starting with the frame which will be having the same color like the cabin part's.

I've chosen the Spanisch Gravity Colors range and i have to say, this paint is just great.

The color, Gurney Eagle Blue,......why.......i like blue colors........😆

s9dkSC1l.jpg

QUZF91Fl.jpg

WtIjkHgl.jpg

UtEfRpwl.jpg

Also some extra part's where painted and detail painted.

Vq2xA6Il.jpg

v3t8koxl.jpg

5b1tZDWl.jpg

Engine also painted and fitted onto the framework.

cJxbieml.jpg

ZRBJ1ppl.jpg

K18tvBml.jpg

8aayqwvl.jpg

Time to put some extra details onto the fame work.

j82N9v8l.jpg

Aqw7Lual.jpg

h8e1z95l.jpg

Next step, the cabin...............

• Like 2

let's go to the cabin work. Not much going on here, just glue some part's, remove some detail and add some other detail.

u9cSc8Ql.jpg

Dashboard look's fairly nice, so i decided to keep the detail and paint it.

Zs75Kyxl.jpg

8EBKOYil.jpg

Rest of the interior dry-fitted, painted and glued....

IzIocaVl.jpg

OCLM4tzl.jpg

ZmAdcBel.jpg

KBHrqeFl.jpg

I made the mistake to paint the steering wheel in a white-ivory color.........at the moment this is changed into black paint

46sPHU7l.jpg

SX0SRK3l.jpg

zNeMfBml.jpg

xHm05Aql.jpg

HKPgyZJl.jpg

1Y0zIrvl.jpg

0jzQkuol.jpg

Rvopmjpl.jpg

Then...............disaster struck big time..........😡

• Like 1

Hoping the disaster if repairable as it's looking very good so far. Not sure I can offer a lot of advice, the only thing which stands out is the lack of backs to the seats (which is common to many, many kits and always annoying). Hopefully they won't be visible when you've built this but the number of times I've had to add plastic-card to the backs of seats,

Keep up the good work.

9 hours ago, Spiny said:

Hoping the disaster if repairable as it's looking very good so far. Not sure I can offer a lot of advice, the only thing which stands out is the lack of backs to the seats (which is common to many, many kits and always annoying). Hopefully they won't be visible when you've built this but the number of times I've had to add plastic-card to the backs of seats,

Keep up the good work.

regarding the back of the seat's, yes, i noticed and i thought about it to add plastic card to give them a more realistic appearance. But noting will be visible anymore once the cabin is closed, so i didn't bother to put my time into them.

Regarding the disaster : a very bad warped engine hood, which i tried to put back in form using hot water but it didn't worked. So a very friendly modeller sended me a spare hood which was painted but in great shape.

y2Mc2Tbl.jpg

Yesterday i removed the paint so it's ready for primer and painting.

jxHTIa4l.jpg

dZYxBLdl.jpg

This is looking very nice!  Sorry to hear about the hood, but your donor hood looks good.   Very nice dashboard!  It's funny, these big trucks do have the wood grain and chrome ringed gauges - even the newer models.

Looking forward to your next post - 

Cheers

Nick

• Like 1

Looking really, really good.

My advice, if you are brave, would be to redo the chrome with something like Alclad chrome. These trucks look toy like when they keep the kit chrome, which is simply too bright and can look plasticy.
If you have an air brush and feel brave, I'll be here to help!

On 1/21/2021 at 4:39 PM, Collectible Cars said:

Looking really, really good.

My advice, if you are brave, would be to redo the chrome with something like Alclad chrome. These trucks look toy like when they keep the kit chrome, which is simply too bright and can look plasticy.
If you have an air brush and feel brave, I'll be here to help!

Thank's.🙂

The chrome part's are already been stripped and chromed with Alclad II chrome. No need to be brave about this, it's a fairly simple technique that everyone can achieve with a decent airbrush set and the right technique.😀

cDhc5gkl.jpg

Some kit chromed part's i will obtain to give the model some extra detail or better said some extra color difference regarding chrome part's. I'm talking about the little chromed kit part's like fuel caps or door handles. 

I still need to polish the chrome painted parts so they will be looking better.

Regards

Danny

• 2 weeks later...