G7 Summit in Cornwall

Truro Model Builder

Well fancy that. A major international political soiree on my doorstep.

Air Force One at Newquay? I'll bet the airport management haven't had a decent night's sleep since they were told.

But seriously, there should be some good spotting opportunities at -or rather, near- Newquay and Culdrose before, during and after the summit. Must make sure the camera batteries are charged up.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Truro Model Builder said:

Well fancy that. A major international political soiree on my doorstep.

Air Force One at Newquay? I'll bet the airport management haven't had a decent night's sleep since they were told.

But seriously, there should be some good spotting opportunities at -or rather, near- Newquay and Culdrose before, during and after the summit. Must make sure the camera batteries are charged up.

AF1 will probably repeat its movements when the NATO Summit was held in Wales a couple of years ago and operate from RAF Fairford but hopefully you'll still get to see lots of local movements which you can share with us. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Beermonster1958 said:

Glasgow is hosting the International Climate Change Conference in November this year. So, its likely that most, if not all flights will arrive and, be based at Glasgow or Prestwick for the duration.

John

Surely not! They will all arrive by bike or sailing ship won't they? If they were that conscientious, they would do it by Zoom. :tomato:

Sorry if this leans a little bit that way

• Haha 5