Jump to content

Italeri 2021


IT_Man
 Share

Recommended Posts

15 hours ago, Robertone139 said:

The same ol’crappy kit with the wrong and too wide windscreen.

They are down to what Matchbox and FROG used to be, lazy Italians.

I am Italian so I can say that.

Seems like nowadays manufacturers stopped developing new tools except Airfix and some Asian firms which is very sad. Crisis and pandemic took its toll

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, Rudolf Korachkin said:

Seems like nowadays manufacturers stopped developing new tools except Airfix and some Asian firms which is very sad. Crisis and pandemic took its toll

Italeri stopped years ago. Even variants of existing kits that were on their catalogue were never issued.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Italeri haven't stopped tooling up new kits...  I can't comment on their other areas, but these are recent new tool 1:12 cars that they have done:

Lancia Delta Integrale currently on it's way to release.

Alfa 8C 2300 Monza - new in 2019 (a roadster version followed shortly afterwards)

Fiat 500 in  2017 & the Abarth 695SS derivative in 2018.

 

Details here (dates above are from scalemates):  https://www.italeri.com/en/category/8/61

Edited by Paul H
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Paul H said:

Italeri haven't stopped tooling up new kits...  I can't comment on their other areas, but these are recent new tool 1:12 cars that they have done:

Lancia Delta Integrale currently on it's way to release.

Alfa 8C 2300 Monza - new in 2019 (a roadster version followed shortly afterwards)

Fiat 500 in  2017 & the Abarth 695SS derivative in 2018.

 

Details here (dates above are from scalemates):  https://www.italeri.com/en/category/8/61

So, an average of one car every year since 2017 but none for 2020. Spectacular, excuse my sarcasm.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Italeri's core business is proverbial cherry on top, using or better said cleverly utilising infrastructure of what was 10x times bigger company up to mid 1990's- they don't solely rely on selling kits for their income.

None the less, its devastating to see not only relative lack of new toolings, but more so essentially not utilising their own portfolio or tooling bank because (as in numerous other cases) having wrong people at wrong positions, literally not knowing what and when.

At the same time their high value products  like 35th scale boats, 32nd scale aircraft abd 1/12 cars are still great sellers, but as with numerous examples lately prices are skyrocketing, as well production runs being highly conservative making most Italeri kits essentially limited releases.

Lancia Delta in 1/12 for app.170-200€ per box is mind boggling, as for other new tools, F-35B in 48th scale( great decision in my view) slated for December release is again postponed, first new 48th airplane tooling in 12 years!...all in all not good-complacency set in -in a big way.

 

P.S. several toolings that are still unsurpassed

H-19 latest box released 2002

H-21 latest box released 2011

Hs 129.....2010

Me 210.....2012

Me 323.....2010

DUKW.......2014

LVT 1/2...........2001/2008

etc...etc..

 

Edited by Thomas V.
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...
On 11/25/2021 at 1:52 PM, Robertone139 said:

The same ol’crappy kit with the wrong and too wide windscreen.

They are down to what Matchbox and FROG used to be, lazy Italians.

I am Italian so I can say that.

The other problem is that the kit con only be built as an F4U-4B, NOT a straight F4U-4!  The F4U-4 had six .50 cal machine guns.  The kit comes with the four 20mm cannons which were only on the -4B.  I need a regular -4!  Maybe I try to graft on the wings, or outer wing panels from a -1.

Later,

Dave

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, e8n2 said:

The other problem is that the kit con only be built as an F4U-4B, NOT a straight F4U-4!  The F4U-4 had six .50 cal machine guns.  The kit comes with the four 20mm cannons which were only on the -4B.  I need a regular -4!  Maybe I try to graft on the wings, or outer wing panels from a -1.

Later,

Dave

Theres always the revell f4u-4 - has some errors also( being a f4u-1a base kit)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/27/2021 at 2:30 AM, Thomas V. said:

Italeri's core business is proverbial cherry on top, using or better said cleverly utilising infrastructure of what was 10x times bigger company up to mid 1990's- they don't solely rely on selling kits for their income.

None the less, its devastating to see not only relative lack of new toolings, but more so essentially not utilising their own portfolio or tooling bank because (as in numerous other cases) having wrong people at wrong positions, literally not knowing what and when.

At the same time their high value products  like 35th scale boats, 32nd scale aircraft abd 1/12 cars are still great sellers, but as with numerous examples lately prices are skyrocketing, as well production runs being highly conservative making most Italeri kits essentially limited releases.

Lancia Delta in 1/12 for app.170-200€ per box is mind boggling, as for other new tools, F-35B in 48th scale( great decision in my view) slated for December release is again postponed, first new 48th airplane tooling in 12 years!...all in all not good-complacency set in -in a big way.

 

P.S. several toolings that are still unsurpassed

H-19 latest box released 2002

H-21 latest box released 2011

Hs 129.....2010

Me 210.....2012

Me 323.....2010

DUKW.......2014

LVT 1/2...........2001/2008

etc...etc..

 

Hs 129, Me 210 and Me 323 are hardly toolings from the years you mentioned, not even from this millenium.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, e8n2 said:

The other problem is that the kit con only be built as an F4U-4B, NOT a straight F4U-4!  The F4U-4 had six .50 cal machine guns.  The kit comes with the four 20mm cannons which were only on the -4B.  I need a regular -4!  Maybe I try to graft on the wings, or outer wing panels from a -1.

Later,

Dave

 

It might be better to graft the Italeri nose onto a -1 and make any other changes needed. The rear fuselage of the Italeri kit is noticeably undersized.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/25/2021 at 10:52 PM, Robertone139 said:

The same ol’crappy kit with the wrong and too wide windscreen.

They are down to what Matchbox and FROG used to be, lazy Italians.

I am Italian so I can say that.

 

Well that kit came 1994 and the windsceen at least fits to the fuselage. One thing that can't be said about their crappy P-51D Mustang that came two years later...

 

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/italeri-044-corsair-f-4u-5n--128350

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, MarkoZG said:

Hs 129, Me 210 and Me 323 are hardly toolings from the years you mentioned, not even from this millenium.

 

When it comes to new tool aircraft kits in 1/72 scale, Italeri's glory years are long behind them. This is an overview of the novelties of the last 25 years, with about half of these models being mediocre already at the time of release.

  • 1997 - 5 - Boeing F-18 Super Hornet (0083) | Bell 412 Twin Huey (0084) | Bell 47 / OH-13 (0085) | North American P-51D Mustang (0086) | Fairchild-Republic A-10 Thunderbolt II (0087)
  • 1998 - 3 - Messerschmitt Me 210 (0077) | Eurocopter AS332 Super Puma / Cougar (0096) | North American F-100 Super Sabre (0098)
  • 1999 - 5 - Spitfire Vb (0001) | Kamov Ka-52 (0005) | Agusta A-129 Mangusta (0006) | Piasecki H-21 Shawnee (0007) | Messerschmitt Me 410 (0074)
  • 2000 - 5 - Saab 39 Gripen (0008) | Sikorsky S-55 / H-19 (1206) | Lockheed Martin F-22 Raptor (1207) | Boeing X-32 JSF (1208) | Lockeed X-35 JSF (1209)
  • 2001 - 2 - Grumman F6F-3 Hellcat (1213) | Macchi C.202 Folgore (1222)
  • 2002 - 2 - EH 101 Merlin (1219) | Macchi C.205 Veltro (1227)
  • 2003 - 1 - Savoia-Marchetti SM.79 Sparviero (1225)
  • 2004 - 1 - Republic P-47N Thunderbolt (1240)
  • 2005 - 1 - Douglas B-26K Counter Invader (1249)
  • 2006 - 1 - Fiat CR.42 Falco (1260)
  • 2007 - 1 - Savoia-Marchetti SM.82 Marsupiale (1270)
  • 2008 - 0
  • 2009 - 1 - Reggiane Re.2000 (1272)
  • 2010 - 1 - Aeritalia G.222 / Alenia C-27J Spartan (1284)
  • 2011 - 0
  • 2012 - 1 - Short Sunderland (1302)
  • 2013 - 1 - Lockheed Martin F-35A Lightning II (1331)
  • 2014 - 1 - Short Stirling (1350)
  • 2015 - 0
  • 2016 - 0
  • 2017 - 0
  • 2018 - 0
  • 2019 - 1 - Lockheed Martin F-35B Lightning II (1425)
  • 2020 - 0
  • 2021 - 0
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/26/2021 at 9:49 AM, alt-92 said:

Heh. The scheme illustrations show a 3-blade prop (F4U-1 style). 

The single blader would be more interesting

 

^^ Warning, this was an attempt at joking :) ^^

  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, Modelraynz said:

Theres always the revell f4u-4 - has some errors also( being a f4u-1a base kit)

That looks like what I'll have to do.  I checked my -1A/Ds in the stash and they are all rag wings (partially fabric covered), and the -4 had an all metal wing (with the possible exception of the control surfaces).  I'm also thinking of possibly taking the outer panels from an F2G that I plan on grafting the nose section onto a Tamiya birdcage F4U-1.  Of course if it had cannons too then that will be a no go as well.

Later,

Dave

Edited by e8n2
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, e8n2 said:

That looks like what I'll have to do.  I checked my -1A/Ds in the stash and they are all rag wings (partially fabric covered), and the -4 had an all metal wing (with the possible exception of the control surfaces).  I'm also thinking of possibly taking the outer panels from an F2G that I plan on grafting the nose section onto a Tamiya birdcage F4U-1.  Of course if it had cannons too then that will be a no go as well.

Later,

Dave

ah yes the ragwing!  🤦‍♂️ could probably bash the italeri and revell together and get....something lol

 

coudl maybe use the revel 50cals on the italeri wing, revell windscreen etc....or italeri coudl give us a new tool :D

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, Piotr Mikolajski said:

 

When it comes to new tool aircraft kits in 1/72 scale, Italeri's glory years are long behind them. This is an overview of the novelties of the last 25 years, with about half of these models being mediocre already at the time of release.

  • 1997 - 5 - Boeing F-18 Super Hornet (0083) | Bell 412 Twin Huey (0084) | Bell 47 / OH-13 (0085) | North American P-51D Mustang (0086) | Fairchild-Republic A-10 Thunderbolt II (0087)
  • 1998 - 3 - Messerschmitt Me 210 (0077) | Eurocopter AS332 Super Puma / Cougar (0096) | North American F-100 Super Sabre (0098)
  • 1999 - 5 - Spitfire Vb (0001) | Kamov Ka-52 (0005) | Agusta A-129 Mangusta (0006) | Piasecki H-21 Shawnee (0007) | Messerschmitt Me 410 (0074)
  • 2000 - 5 - Saab 39 Gripen (0008) | Sikorsky S-55 / H-19 (1206) | Lockheed Martin F-22 Raptor (1207) | Boeing X-32 JSF (1208) | Lockeed X-35 JSF (1209)
  • 2001 - 2 - Grumman F6F-3 Hellcat (1213) | Macchi C.202 Folgore (1222)
  • 2002 - 2 - EH 101 Merlin (1219) | Macchi C.205 Veltro (1227)
  • 2003 - 1 - Savoia-Marchetti SM.79 Sparviero (1225)
  • 2004 - 1 - Republic P-47N Thunderbolt (1240)
  • 2005 - 1 - Douglas B-26K Counter Invader (1249)
  • 2006 - 1 - Fiat CR.42 Falco (1260)
  • 2007 - 1 - Savoia-Marchetti SM.82 Marsupiale (1270)
  • 2008 - 0
  • 2009 - 1 - Reggiane Re.2000 (1272)
  • 2010 - 1 - Aeritalia G.222 / Alenia C-27J Spartan (1284)
  • 2011 - 0
  • 2012 - 1 - Short Sunderland (1302)
  • 2013 - 1 - Lockheed Martin F-35A Lightning II (1331)
  • 2014 - 1 - Short Stirling (1350)
  • 2015 - 0
  • 2016 - 0
  • 2017 - 0
  • 2018 - 0
  • 2019 - 1 - Lockheed Martin F-35B Lightning II (1425)
  • 2020 - 0
  • 2021 - 0

 

Doesn't almost everyone of those kits have an "Italeri style falwty part"? Like the windscreen on the P-51D, engine on the Hellcat etc...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Andre B said:

Doesn't almost everyone of those kits have an "Italeri style falwty part"? Like the windscreen on the P-51D, engine on the Hellcat etc...

 

I have no idea, such things only come out during construction, and although I have looked at all these kits, I have not built them.

 

I was rather referring to the poor design, which was surprising as Italeri with their series of helicopters showed that they can make really great models.

 

Meanwhile Mustang, Me 210, Spitfire V, Me 410, Hellcat, P-47N were very average and below expectations. The same was true of the MC.202, MC.205, Fiat CR.42 or Re.2000, and this came as a real surprise to many people. After all, these were Italian-made aircraft and should be another series of gems in their catalogue. The X-32 model was nice until you compared it with the photos. After the comparison it turned out that it had to be chopped into pieces and improved: https://designer.home.xs4all.nl/models/jsf/jsf.htm

 

At the moment Italeri is a "fallen" brand for me - well-known logo, beautiful history, extensive catalogue... but I don't expect from it either interesting novelties in 1/72, or really novelties in general.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, Modelraynz said:

ah yes the ragwing!  🤦‍♂️ could probably bash the italeri and revell together and get....something lol

 

coudl maybe use the revel 50cals on the italeri wing, revell windscreen etc....or italeri coudl give us a new tool :D

Nope.  I checked the Revel F4U-4 and it also has ragwings!  It uses the same wings as their F4U-1A.  The Special Hobby F2G-1 has the six .50 cals but even part of the wing on it outboard of the guns looks like they meant to make it a ragwing as well.  The spacing between the guns is different between the -4B with two  cannons per wing and the -4 with the six .50s.  I have looked for an aftermarket set for folding the wings, but no such luck.  There were thousands of F4U-4s built, and only 300 -4Bs, yet for now you can only get the -4B wing!

Later,

Dave

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Piotr Mikolajski said:

 

I have no idea, such things only come out during construction, and although I have looked at all these kits, I have not built them.

 

I was rather referring to the poor design, which was surprising as Italeri with their series of helicopters showed that they can make really great models.

 

Meanwhile Mustang, Me 210, Spitfire V, Me 410, Hellcat, P-47N were very average and below expectations. The same was true of the MC.202, MC.205, Fiat CR.42 or Re.2000, and this came as a real surprise to many people. After all, these were Italian-made aircraft and should be another series of gems in their catalogue. The X-32 model was nice until you compared it with the photos. After the comparison it turned out that it had to be chopped into pieces and improved: https://designer.home.xs4all.nl/models/jsf/jsf.htm

 

At the moment Italeri is a "fallen" brand for me - well-known logo, beautiful history, extensive catalogue... but I don't expect from it either interesting novelties in 1/72, or really novelties in general.

 

Not all helicopters where great. The Blackhawk/Seahawk series suffers from badly made clear parts that not fits the fuselage. That's why we never see any built Italeri Blackhawk/Seahawk kits. Most late Italeri kits are pool designs... :(

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Here as some photos of why I want a straight F4U-4, not a -4B.

 

http://modelingmadness.com/others/features/BrianBakerCorsair/corsair-3.jpg

 

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/dd/5a/da/dd5ada3c30b815e19204f9cbdb9b2091.jpg

 

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/41/44/0b/41440b5e15870dbe0ad62ca76c8defef.jpg

 

https://live.staticflickr.com/7202/6944626683_da680a5487_b.jpg

 

http://www.ig-corsair.de/images/olathe/F4U-4 Corsair 97286 Olathe (6).jpg

 

http://www.ig-corsair.de/images/olathe/Cora Olathe.jpg

 

The search term I used on Yahoo was f4u-4 corsair olathe ks

If you would like to see a list of the F4U-4s used by the Navy and Marines, I suggest you go to the serial number search page on Joe Baugher's  website.  The address is:

 

http://users.rcn.com/jeremy.k/serialSearch.html

 

I have found only ONE aftermarket decal sheet that decals for the F4U-4B at Hannant's and that is Xtradecal X72284.  All other decal sheets are for the straight F4U-4.  I counted today and according to Joe Baugher's site, only 289 F4U-4Bs were produced, and thousands of straight F4U-4s were built, but it is not well served by the model companies.

Later,
Dave

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/26/2021 at 2:35 PM, Andre B said:

 

Doesn't almost everyone of those kits have an "Italeri style falwty part"? Like the windscreen on the P-51D, engine on the Hellcat etc...

You might be right....🤔

Like their new 1/12 Lancia....the gid awful tires on that thing....

Protar was another company that suffered from this  always snatching defeat.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...