Italeri 2021

IT_Man

20 minutes ago, Beermonster1958 said:

The G. 222 and, C-27J are actually two separate kits and, very nice too! 😊.

Definitely be getting these.

John

There were seperate boxings for C-27J and G.222 until now, but apart from the engine/prop sprues, both variants consist of pretty much the same parts.
If they label it as C-27A/J and G.222 I would expect that they include all parts for both aircraft.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/4/2021 at 12:19 AM, Homebee said:

Released - 1/72nd - ref. 1450 — Aeritalia/Alenia Aeronautica C-27J/G.222 Spartan 

Source: https://www.italeri.com/prodotto/2970

T4-Abjl-Dkc-FSY7-LID5w4n52-ATXAe-AYG8-Ok

L9j-WR1-LWNLy7-Mx-CTKFRhx-BY3dwui-Eg-Std

wraq-Rp-Xfj-Tz-Engdn-P2f-PMf-G5-Qr-Lku-O

DZ3-L85l-V7q85ox3moum-Zhyi-Fia-ORoon-K9g

Ce-R11-Ly-Q3wv9-Gxyou-Dl5-Eb0i-Gwx-HIp-Y

Lz-Qiwi-IMd-IHzi-VGb-Xkf-Ms-N45-Ps7e-Ji-

8r-RGl4q-C0-R6ne-Tm-Tmh-P8-CO2-Fdq06-NCf

V.P.

Unless I missed something in the sprues, the widely differing cockpits have been victims of gross oversight in a typical Italeri fashion.

It seems to me they merely aded the G-222 engine sprues to the C-27J kit and a bigger and "more attractive" decals sheet.

C-27J Cockpit

Aeritalia G-222A cockpit

That's why I still repute Italeri a second class company.

Edited by Robertone139
Added text.

14 hours ago, Robertone139 said:

Unless I missed something in the sprues, the widely differing cockpits have been victims of gross oversight in a typical Italeri fashion.

Adding detail, especially in less than visible areas such as the interior of transport aircraft, is a significant increase in cost for an insignificant effect.

Various cockpits are an aftermarket domain. To understand how modellers are not interested in such kits and how much they do not care about such differences in large models, just look at the market offerings.

• Like 5

On 7/1/2021 at 9:22 PM, Homebee said:

Released - 1/48 - ref. 2820 - Bell OH-13 Sioux - Korean War 

https://www.italeri.com/prodotto/2976

I don't want to be pedantic and maybe someone will correct me, but shouldn't Version B read just "Army Air Corps"?

As far as I understand, it is just the British Army (the "Royal" prefix is reserved for certain regiments, earned for exemplary service) due to the historic origin of how it is composed (individual regiments were raised by named individuals on behalf of the Sovereign in case of need), right?

Cheers

Markus

On 29/01/2021 at 19:42, alex said:

Funny that the Hornet has Austrian decals. I suppose the roundel should be on the F-5 next to it! ;)

Alex

I believe the Austrian Air force are going to replace their encounters with hornets.

3 hours ago, Shorty84 said:

I don't want to be pedantic and maybe someone will correct me, but shouldn't Version B read just "Army Air Corps"?

As far as I understand, it is just the British Army (the "Royal" prefix is reserved for certain regiments, earned for exemplary service) due to the historic origin of how it is composed (individual regiments were raised by named individuals on behalf of the Sovereign in case of need), right?

Cheers

Markus

That's correct. No such entity as the Royal Army air corps. Royal Air Force, Royal Navy, Army (don't tend to add the "British" bit within the UK!) There are regiments with the Royal title, Royal Logistics Corps, Royal Artillery, Royal Anglian Regiment, Royal Engineers, Royal Horse Artillery. For the Army boys who fly (may the lord have mercy on my sole for saying that....ex RAF😆) it's the Army Air Corps, with their HQ at Middle Wallop in Wiltshire.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
11 hours ago, 457 said:

Is the French fin flash on the Hawk intentional?

I guess it maybe owes to the squadron being formed in France.

from Wiki:

The squadron was established as part of the Royal Naval Air Service on 25 October 1916 at Dunkirk as No. 8 (Naval) Squadron. 

Edit: sorry @Beermonster1958, I missed that there was a new page where you’d replied already.

I wonder if by Super Decal it means multiple marking options as seen in some of Italeri’s other kits. It’d be great if it has a mix of red and whites and green and greys and greys and black examples.

9 minutes ago, Filler said:

I wonder if by Super Decal it means multiple marking options as seen in some of Italeri’s other kits. It’d be great if it has a mix of red and whites and green and greys and greys and black examples.

Super Decal means very little, generally the kit with this tag have decently complete decal sheets, with good number of stencils etc. Some do indeed also offer a good number of choices but others just have a couple, so anything may happen with this kit.

Should be said that I'm always a bit wary of Italeri decal sheets, even when they offer all the stencils these are often oversized and the accuracy of the various items

can be debatable...  more recent sheets seem to have improved on both aspects but I'm still very cautious... Print quality and adhesion are on the other hand usually very good.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Beermonster1958 said:

It's not actually French. The aircraft was painted in a colour scheme to commemorate the centenary of the ending of World War I.

The fin flash is correct in accordance with the style of British markings of the period

John

Thank you, good to learn something every day! Had I noted the roundel in the early style it might have given me a clue. I’d not previously seen this commemorative scheme and thought it looked a bit odd. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...