Italeri 2021

IT_Man

15 hours ago, McG said:

1:24 Porsche 934 RSR in Jagermeister scheme.

Wonder how this will stack up to the Revell and Tamiya kits of the same subject. 

It's probably from Esci, as Esci had different cars like the BMW M1, Porsche 935 and a couple of others that are now reboxed by Italeri

Luigi

On 1/25/2021 at 11:15 AM, Giorgio N said:

So now it will be interesting to find where some kits come from.... Most are Italeri's own, with some sure former Esci but there are a few for which I wonder...

1/72 F-4E: Italeri ? Esci ? Fujimi ? The Italeri original kit had parts for the F and the G, while Esci sold theirs as an E/F, so I'm expecting the Esci kit (with nice panel lines but inaccurate front fuselage)

1/72 P-51B.. or A... picture is an A but they may have simply reused an existing picture in their catalogue. If it is a B, I'd expect Academy.

1/72 F-16C... now Italeri has reissued their own kit more than once, however their is pretty far from a block 50 or 52 ! Will they just rebox their old kit as is ? Or add the extra parts ? Or is it someone else's kit ? In such a case it could only really be the Hasegawa kit... but something tells me that it will be Italeri's own old kit, maybe with a couple new bits... maybe.

1/72 MiG-15: Italeri had reboxed the Dragon kit in the past, guess this will be the same

1/48 Spitfire IX: Italeri had reboxed the Occidental kit in the past, guess this will be the same ?

And I have a dream.. that the F-8 is the Academy kit ! But most likely this will be the Esci mould that Italeri themselves had reboxed a few years ago. Same for the Super Hornet...

I suspect that for the F-16 and the F-4 Italeri will do what they already did with their EF-2000, Rafale, Mig-29, F-15C and F-5E, correct or replace drop tanks, weapons and pylons then add random "modern" parts and decals.

Luigi

Soon

- 1/72nd - ref. 1448 - McDonnell Douglas F-4E/F Phantom II

Source: https://nowosci.plastikowe.pl/aktualnosci/zapowiedzi-italeri-styczen-2021/

1448-00.jpg

- 1/48th - ref. 2809 - Lockheed TR-1A/B Dragon Lady

Source: https://nowosci.plastikowe.pl/dostawy/italeri-28-stycznia-2021/

2809-00.jpg

V.P.

Edited by Homebee

17 minutes ago, Homebee said:

Soon - ref. 1448 - McDonnell Douglas F-4E/F Phantom II

Source: https://nowosci.plastikowe.pl/aktualnosci/zapowiedzi-italeri-styczen-2021/

Box art

1448-00.jpg

V.P.

Good afternoon

According to Scalemates this is a rebox of the old Italeri kit

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/italeri-1448-f-4e-f-phantom-ii--1328455

Patrice

4 minutes ago, TEMPESTMK5 said:

Good afternoon

According to Scalemates this is a rebox of the old Italeri kit

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/italeri-1448-f-4e-f-phantom-ii--1328455

Patrice

Unless anybody has firmer information I think we will need to wait to see the sprue shots before its ancestry can be confirmed.  Given Italeri have recently released the Esci C/J mould (with a lovely decal sheet) and it's being advertised as an E/F I suspect it's Esci. The original Italeri F-4 was released as an F/G.

Whichever, I'll be getting a few.

1 minute ago, iainpeden said:

Unless anybody has firmer information I think we will need to wait to see the sprue shots before its ancestry can be confirmed.  Given Italeri have recently released the Esci C/J mould (with a lovely decal sheet) and it's being advertised as an E/F I suspect it's Esci. The original Italeri F-4 was released as an F/G.

Good afternoon iainpeden

I agree with you let's wait and see for the sprues shots ...

I am not a Phantom expert by far but I think that there are much better kits available than Italeri or Esci kits ..

Best Regards

Patrice

2 hours ago, TEMPESTMK5 said:

Good afternoon iainpeden

I agree with you let's wait and see for the sprues shots ...

I am not a Phantom expert by far but I think that there are much better kits available than Italeri or Esci kits ..

Best Regards

Patrice

There sure are ! Problem is that the better F-4Es in 1/72 are pretty hard to find, particularly with slatted wings as there's none available at the moment, Personally I hope that Hobby 2000 will at some point rebox the Hasegawa kit

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Giorgio N said:

There sure are ! Problem is that the better F-4Es in 1/72 are pretty hard to find, particularly with slatted wings as there's none available at the moment, Personally I hope that Hobby 2000 will at some point rebox the Hasegawa kit

Hi Giorgio

I think that  Hobby 2000 will rebox  the E sooner or latter as they already have done with the C 

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/hobby-2000-72027-vietnam-aces-vol1--1302275

And D models

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/hobby-2000-72028-vietnam-aces-vol2--1302277

Best Regads and take care

Patrice

12 hours ago, iainpeden said:

The original Italeri F-4 was released as an F/G.

Am I the only one who likes it? Easy build, better nose shape than the ESCI "E", cheaper and more available than either of the Japanese firms "G", and can be built as an E, F or G.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, alt-92 said:

That's the CF-5A/NF-5A kit, not the F-5E.

Would that F-5A be Italeri or Esci kit? Dakota seems to be Esci as the built model has front door and flaps opened.

Cheers,

AaCee

On 1/29/2021 at 11:53 AM, iainpeden said:

Without seeing the plastic I can't be sure, but the nationality of the decal options shown on page 19 of the catalogue certainly chime with what I remember the last time I built the E boxing. I was massively impressed at getting four options out of the box and was sorely tempted by the German ones without knowing at the time it was an F.

Andy

18 hours ago, roym said:

Am I the only one who likes it? Easy build, better nose shape than the ESCI "E", cheaper and more available than either of the Japanese firms "G", and can be built as an E, F or G.

I remember the 1/48 Italeri F-4G and recall it being a nice kit for its time.