Italeri 2021

IT_Man

42 minutes ago, occa said:

Wonder what kit that will be, Italeri hasn't made one in 1/72 themselves

Could be Academy. The Academy kit at least had optional tails, with and without the dorsal fin. But, I have a feeling the wing leading edge is closer to the D than the B/C.

11 hours ago, Vultures1 said:

For an indulgent moment @Supertom, I allowed myself to dream of a 1/72 AMX as well ... but sadly I am sure @Giorgio N is correct. 

Sigh, maybe one day (Modelsvit or ClearProp, hint!!)

I wouldn't say no to a Modelsvit or Clearprop kit, it would be a great kit, just a bit on the expensive side... ok, maybe more than a bit 😆

There have been constant rumours in Italy about one or the other Czech company making a new tool of the aircraft but nothing has materialised. To be honest some of these rumours were pretty funny, things like "one of my cousin's mate knows a guy with a wife from the Czech Republic and her mother hairdresser's heard it from one of her customer who is the aunt of someone in SH/Sword/AZ....". Other rumors sounded more like modellers trying to give themselves some importance by claiming to know secret plans of this or that manufacturer. Whatever the source in the end there's still no sign of any kit from that Country yet. Not saying it will never happen, simply I don't know and I can't predict it. Guess a kit will be announced after I decide build my Cunardmodel kit and just before I'm ready to add the last antenna

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

21 hours ago, VMA131Marine said:

Could be Academy. The Academy kit at least had optional tails, with and without the dorsal fin. But, I have a feeling the wing leading edge is closer to the D than the B/C.

The wing of the Academy B Mustang is a weird mix,.
The angle of the kink on the leading edge is about right but as the root starts too far ahead on the fuselage sides it makes the wing too broad seen from above.

• Thanks 1

On 1/18/2021 at 5:31 PM, Giorgio N said:

So we'll know in February what kits from other manufacturers Italeri will offer us... that if they are good quality kits from the likes of Platz and Fujimi as they recently did is not necessarily a bad thing....

So true, lets hope that rumoured revived Hasegawa contact will bring some interesting boxings too.

I have been wondering lack of a Fiat G.50 "Freccia" as they have full range of Macchis, a Reggiane and both CR32, CR42 and something resembling G.55...

For the AMX someone should tip a certain Czech manufacturer that another company for same country is doing one. And vice versa! It might generate even two kits!

Cheers,

AaCee

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 1/19/2021 at 11:04 AM, Giorgio N said:

This is one of those Italeri issues that makes me wonder... is this a good or a bad thing ? In a sense it's a bad thing, it would be nice to see Italeri doing more new aircraft kits.

At the same time when I compare the quality of the Fujimi Sabre with other recent Italeri kits it's not such a bad thing afterall. This is a nice kit, well moulded and with good fit. Much better in this respect than many of Italeri's own production kits. Now the price is IMHO too high (same as the Fujimi Phantom FG.1 rebox for a smaller kit with less parts) but at least it will be easily available in every local shop, something that can't be said for Fujimi kits in Europe.

So is it that bad that Italeri lately has mainly reboxed Japanese made kits ? Maybe not...

I feel that both Fujimi and Italeri aircraft kits these days are rather rare and expensive in Sweden. The only easy to get kits from Italeri is the 1/24 scale trucks. And both Volvo and Scania are from Sweden...

Preview 2021 is online

https://www.italeri.com/en/article/793

https://www.italeri.com/uploads/news/AY8p8Mc4VebT1GVJ5SVhR0wRFuvMlyG6nbu5dgSD.pdf

The aircraft pages

ITA1.png

ITA2.png

ITA3.png

ITA4.png

ITA5.png

1/32

- ref. 2511 — NATO Pilots, Ground Crew and Accessories — 100% New Moulds

- ref. 2517 — Panavia Tornado IDS/ECR

1/48

- ref. 2792 — Supermarine Spitfire Mk.I — 100% New Moulds

- ref. 2803 — McDonnell Douglas F-15E Strike Eagle — Super Decals

- ref. 2804 — Supermarine Spitfire Mk.IX — Super Decals

- ref. 2806 — Reggiane Re.2002 Ariete — Super Decals

- ref. 2810 — Lockheed Martin F-35B Lightning II STOVL Version — 100% New Moulds

- ref. 2811 — North American FJ-2/3 Fury — Super Decals

- ref. 2812 — Lockheed U-2R/S / TU-2S Dragon Lady — Super Decals

- ref. 2813 — BAe Hawk T.1 — Super Decals

- ref. 2814 — Aermacchi MB.326 — Super Decals

- ref. 2815 — Macchi C.200 1a serie — Super Decals

- ref. 2816 — Dassault Mirage III — Super Decals — ex-ESCI

- ref. 2817 — Mikoyan Gurevich MiG-27 “Flogger–D” — Super Decals — ex-ESCI

- ref. 2818 — McDonnell Douglas RF-4E Phantom II — Super Decals

- ref. 2819 — Henschel Hs 123 — Super Decals — ex-ESCI

- ref. 2820 — Bell OH-13 Sioux - Korean War

- ref. 2821 — Eurocopter PAH-2 Tiger

1/72

- ref. 1412 — Savoia SM.79 Sparviero — Super Decals

- ref. 1423 — North American P-51B Mustang — Super Decals

- ref. 1424 — Henschel Hs 129B 

- ref. 1428 — Lockheed Martin F-16 C/D Fighting Falcon Block 50/52 — Super Decals

- ref. 1431 — Sikorsky CH-53E Super Stallion — Super Decals

- ref. 1432 — Mil Mi-24P / Mil Mi-35P "Hind-F" — Super Decals

- ref. 1438 — FIAT CR.32 Freccia — ex-Supermodel

- ref. 1439 — Macchi C.202 Folgore

- ref. 1440 — Tupolev Tu-22M3 “Backfire–C” — Super Decals — ex-ESCI

- ref. 1441 — Northrop F-5A Freedom Fighter — Super Decals — ex-ESCI

- ref. 1445 — Boeing F/A-18E Super Hornet “Top Gun” — Super Decals

- ref. 1448 — McDonnell Douglas F-4E/F Phantom II — Super Decals

- ref. 1449 — Republic RF-84F Thundeflash — Super Decals

- ref. 1450 — Alenia C-27A Spartan / Alenia G.222 — Super Decals

- ref. 1451 — Boeing B-52G (early) w/ Hound Dog — Super Decals

- ref. 1452 — North American F-51D Mustang - Korean War — Super Decals

- ref. 1453 — Vought F4U-4B Corsair - Korean War — Super Decals

- ref. 1454 — Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-15 "Fagot" - Korean War

- ref. 1455 — Fokker F-27 SAR — Super Decals — ex-ESCI

- ref. 1456 — Vought F-8E Crusader — Super Decals — ex-ESCI

- ref. 1458 — Bell OH-13 Sioux - Korean War

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Thanks 2

The 1/48 Macchi 326 will be a popular re-release down under as these go for crazy money at times. Now unless I’ve missed it I see no sign of the 1/72 F-111A that was announced a few years back. 
Cheers.. Dave 

So now it will be interesting to find where some kits come from.... Most are Italeri's own, with some sure former Esci but there are a few for which I wonder...

1/72 F-4E: Italeri ? Esci ? Fujimi ? The Italeri original kit had parts for the F and the G, while Esci sold theirs as an E/F, so I'm expecting the Esci kit (with nice panel lines but inaccurate front fuselage)

1/72 P-51B.. or A... picture is an A but they may have simply reused an existing picture in their catalogue. If it is a B, I'd expect Academy.

1/72 F-16C... now Italeri has reissued their own kit more than once, however their is pretty far from a block 50 or 52 ! Will they just rebox their old kit as is ? Or add the extra parts ? Or is it someone else's kit ? In such a case it could only really be the Hasegawa kit... but something tells me that it will be Italeri's own old kit, maybe with a couple new bits... maybe.

1/72 MiG-15: Italeri had reboxed the Dragon kit in the past, guess this will be the same

1/48 Spitfire IX: Italeri had reboxed the Occidental kit in the past, guess this will be the same ?

And I have a dream.. that the F-8 is the Academy kit ! But most likely this will be the Esci mould that Italeri themselves had reboxed a few years ago. Same for the Super Hornet...

• Like 1

The 1/72 Skoda 35 tank hasn't been around since the early 80s

Good to see the 1/72 F-5A back again too

There are a few things from the 2020 range that never saw the light of day as far as I can see -

https://www.themodellingnews.com/2020/01/preview-of-italeris-catalogue-new-items.html

1/72 Jet Ranger seemingly cancelled (The civil version has never been released, in spite of the moulds obviously existing

https://www.italeri.com/en/product/2484

Just noticed the Heritage F-15E in 1/48 too. Very nice! 

I was hoping for a 1/32 Tornado F2 or F3 this year, but I think we may have to wait a few until they've gone through the various inevitable GR and IDS boxings. 

I would be interested in a GR.1 boxing if they gave us some early Cottesmore schemes or (more likely) Gulf War aircraft that haven't been done in 1/32 before - Amoured Charmer for one would be brilliant.

Cheers,

WV908

• Like 1

No Fujimi, Platz or Hasegawa reboxes, Korean theme without long absent H-19, aside from MB-326 48th scale all totally obsolete, F-35B could be a winner but have serious doubts

about surface treatment, could have been far better only taking re-issues into account,although they do reserve 5-6 catalogue numbers for later announcement, could be far better.

Edited by Thomas V.