Italeri 2021

IT_Man

Noticed some new Italeri kits coming soon from Bologna, but nothing else for 2021 yet!!

1448 F-4 E/F Phantom (guessing old Esci)
1449 Eurofighter Typhoon RAF
2811 FJ2/3 Fury (I suspect old ESCI, so not new)
4643 Cagiva 750 Elefant (old Protar)
7084 PzKpfw 35T (old ESCI)

Very happy to see Cagiva Elefant back, that kit was always well displayed in my father's shelves ( he was big Paris-Dakar fan), so may buy for sentiment reason! Outside this, nothing for me.

The kit preview catalogue only shows some Scania truck, so no more clues for 2021.

Edited by IT_Man
Though Phantom might be Fujimi but they don't do E/F
  • Thanks 1

Wish they would re release the 1/72nd Sikorsky H-19 helicopter kit,... or better still release it as a British Whirlwind!!  Shame they never up scaled it to 1/48th too.

• Like 4

The new Italeri decal sheets are pretty good for both the F-4C and FG.1 Phantom boxings so that could be good news.

The Esci E/F was available in at least 3 boxing all with 3 or 4 decal options and the ability to model the original and later slatted wings.

The Italeri F/G was also boxed by Tamiya and has probably the best slatted wing available.

Whichever kit it is, it's most welcome as long nose Phantoms are in short supply - as are RFs

If the Phantom is the Esci kit, then I will leave it on the shelves... I like the Esci F-4C and J but with the E they made a visible error in the nose area: they used the same side intakes of the C while the ones in the E have a very different shape and are blended into the nose sides.

This is a C intake, mostly proud of the nearby surface

https://www.cybermodeler.com/aircraft/f-4/pages/afm_f-4c_02.shtml

This is the intake shape on the E, that blends into the rear surfaces

http://data4.primeportal.net/hangar/howard_mason5/f-4e_munich/images/f-4e_munich_51_of_56.jpg

Here you can see the Esci intakes, clearly styled after the C variant for the simple reason tha their kits include these as common parts

http://www.arcair.com/Gal13/12601-12700/gal12640-F-4-Pomettini/00.shtm

Then of course there's the matter that the windscreen blends into the fuselage differently on the "short nose" variants and the long nose ones while Esci treated all the same. Last of the errors I remember is the lack of the wing fence for the slatted wing.

I always happily buy the Esci C and J kits when I see them for a good price but modifying the intakes on the E is a job that I'd rather not have to do.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

19 hours ago, tonyot said:

Wish they would re release the 1/72nd Sikorsky H-19 helicopter kit,... or better still release it as a British Whirlwind!!  Shame they never up scaled it to 1/48th too.

That would be nice, wouldn't it?

One can only assume they were poor sellers first time around, a Whirlwind variant would need a major mould change or more than likely a new kit - I can't see either happening personally.

Tommo.

• Like 1

Italeri have been busy updating their 2020 catalogue (not 2021...) additions have labelled as just "New" in the top right corner of each photo and can be found here.

https://issuu.com/italeri/docs/catalogue_italeri_2019_2020?fr=sNDVhMTc4Mjg4MQ

I haven't listed them all, but having looked at the catalogue in recently months the following have been added recently...

1/9;

7406 Zundapp KS 750 with sidecar

1/72;

1371 HH-101 Caesar (been promised for years)

1388 SM.81 Pipistrello

1399 F-111 Ardvark

1412 SM.79 Sparviero

1422 Top Gun - F-14A vs A-4F

1423 P-51B

1424 Henschel HS129B

1425 TOP SECRET (new aircraft kit)

1426 F-86F Sabre "Mig Killer"

1433 SH-3 Sea King (same number as the Apollo release but contains 5 liveries now)

6189 French Infantry (WWII)

6190 Warsaw Pact Troops

6191 Nato Paratroopers

6192 Gauls Village Assault Diorama Set

7084 Churchill Mk.III (ESCI?)

1/35;

6537 LMV Lince crew (100% new moulds)

6568 M4A1 Sherman with Infantry

6551 Kangaroo

6570 T-34/76 Mod 43

6556 Partisans (6 figures)

6571 M4A1 Abrams with crew

6567 Leopard 2A6

6589 Top Secret (new vehicle)

Edited by NavyWessex
  • Like 1

No one knows what they will release, least of them Italeri😪, new year releases were reserved for Nürnberg, but with company being run as a cottage industry as of last few years-who knows.

Expect 2021-2022 catalogue in February.

Edited by Thomas V.

So we'll know in February what kits from other manufacturers Italeri will offer us... that if they are good quality kits from the likes of Platz and Fujimi as they recently did is not necessarily a bad thing....

Edited by Giorgio N

4 minutes ago, Supertom said:

I'm surprised they still haven't kitted a 1/72 AMX. I'll still wait. Hey, maybe it's that Top Secret kit!

It's not really surprising when we consider that Italeri's main markets are outside Italy and Italy itself is not a particularly large market for the hobby. An AMX may sound a potentially popular subject but it's not enough to warrant the investment needed for a new mainstream mould.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Andre B said:

An Italeri F-86F Sabre in 1/72? Ah, not an Italeri origin. Just the Fujimi kit in an new box... 

https://www.italeri.com/en/product/2833

This is one of those Italeri issues that makes me wonder... is this a good or a bad thing ? In a sense it's a bad thing, it would be nice to see Italeri doing more new aircraft kits.

At the same time when I compare the quality of the Fujimi Sabre with other recent Italeri kits it's not such a bad thing afterall. This is a nice kit, well moulded and with good fit. Much better in this respect than many of Italeri's own production kits. Now the price is IMHO too high (same as the Fujimi Phantom FG.1 rebox for a smaller kit with less parts) but at least it will be easily available in every local shop, something that can't be said for Fujimi kits in Europe.

So is it that bad that Italeri lately has mainly reboxed Japanese made kits ? Maybe not...

• Like 2

14 hours ago, k5054nz said:

I'm excited for the 1/48 JetRanger reissue to be in the catalogue for the fourth(?) year in a row and not actually get released 🤪

Me too - but given that their 1/72 was only released for a very short time and is now unobtanium I wonder if they'll press on with it. I desperately need some beige and turd brown 'Ranger decals to match all those birds we saw in the 80s in the A Team and Knightrider - I'll have a bash meself but its very fiddly in 1/72!

TT

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Supertom said:

I'm surprised they still haven't kitted a 1/72 AMX. I'll still wait. Hey, maybe it's that Top Secret kit!

For an indulgent moment @Supertom, I allowed myself to dream of a 1/72 AMX as well ... but sadly I am sure @Giorgio N is correct. 

Sigh, maybe one day (Modelsvit or ClearProp, hint!!)