Old Badger 200 pulsing?

Evil_Toast_RSA

As title. 

I'm planning on bringing my old Badger 200 back into service for priming duties, stuck in the Medium needle and air cap from my Badger 100 (is interchangeable) and gave it a quick spray (~20 psi) with some water to see if their was any problems, using the metal colour cup, and the water "spray" started pulsing. 

My 100 doesn't do this, checked immediately afterwards. Also run off a reservoir tank, so it's not an air flow problem. 

Not going to lie, a bit confused. Any suggestions? I gave the 200 a proper clean before packing it away a year ago, but will give it another clean today sometime. 

Well, after a good soak in laquer/cellulose thinners, seems to work just like I remember it. Didn't see any gunk come out, so whilst still confused, not all that concerned anymore. Maybe a bit of dried paint blocking an air channel or the air valve was a bit loose/jammed/temperamental?

Still open to ideas in case this comes up again or is a sign that my 20 year old airbrush needs to retire.  

• 1 month later...

I have an old Badger 200 as well.  The only time I've ever had it, or any airbrush, pulse is if the tip isn't as tight as it should be.  Is it possible when you stripped and reassembled it, you put the tip in tighter? 

They're a simple and reliable tool.  Not much to them to go wrong. 

Chris

Edited by Railfan87

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...