Chematic (FROG) Miles Magister - Irish Air Corps

Tweener

In progress now is the Chematic (FROG) 1/72 Miles M.14 Magister, which will be finished in the markings of the Irish Air Corps. With no internal detail outside of seats and a low parts count, I expect a quick build. Nonetheless, I added some conjectural internal framing from Evergreen .020 Strip and may yet add control sticks as well. One of the clear parts was short shot and is thus unusable, but I should have a suitable replacement somewhere. For now, this is how it looks: 

Miles Magister Cockpit

With any luck, the halves will be together tomorrow and then I will be able to add some of the tail surfaces. The wings will (most likely) be attached after painting to ensure a clean separation between the black fuselage and aluminum wings. Hopefully the decals, which are printed by Techmod, will fit well. If not, I have spares for a RAAF option as well.

That's all for the moment,

Stay safe,

Tweener

• Like 3

As expected, the Magister has built up fast: 

Miles Magister

Once the landing gear is attached, it's off for paint.

That's it for the moment,

Stay safe,

Tweener

Edited by Tweener
Added image.
  • Like 5

Painting is nearing completion on the Irish Magister. All that remains is to tidy up the area around the start of the engine cowl and to paint the blind flying hood brown.

Miles Magister

Once that is done, the very colorful markings can be applied. I'm a little worried about the wing stripes, but thankfully there is not a lot of detail that could get in the way of successful settling. Time will tell.

That's all for the moment,

Stay safe everyone,

Tweener

• Like 4

The topside decals have gone on this evening, and look quite nice:

Miles Magister

The bottom decals will go on tomorrow evening, and the model should be complete by Thursday evening.

Thanks all,

Tweener

• Like 4