"It's a Lanc Jim, but not as we know it!" 1:72 Avro Lancaster B.II

7 minutes ago, colin said:

A beautiful built and finished master piece

Thanks Colin - much appreciated!

Cheers,

Roger

Hi Roger

Thanks for the mention.   This is a fantastic model, it looks absolutely stunning and you should be justifiably proud of all your efforts  here.  The decal recovery was great and I hope the old Mojo hasn't taken too much of a hit.  Paint and weathering are exemplary and I have enjoyed your WIP.  Great work fella.

Chris

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, bigbadbadge said:

Hi Roger

Thanks for the mention.   This is a fantastic model, it looks absolutely stunning and you should be justifiably proud of all your efforts  here.  The decal recovery was great and I hope the old Mojo hasn't taken too much of a hit.  Paint and weathering are exemplary and I have enjoyed your WIP.  Great work fella.

Chris

Thanks Chris - appreciate you support along the way. Thanks to you Nato Black and Interior Green will forever be bedfellows,

Cheers,

Roger

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mig88 said:

Lovely! Well finished!

Miguel

Thanks Miguel - much appreciated!

Cheers,

Roger

Lovely job. I just got this kit on Wednesday from Am*z*n, I had resisted getting the Hercules engined one as it doesn't look 'right' but on special offer at £24.99 couldn't resist, and it was my 60th birthday so what the heck! I now have all the new tool Airfix ones, yet to build one🙄.

:goodjob:

Davey.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, DaveyGair said:

Lovely job. I just got this kit on Wednesday from Am*z*n, I had resisted getting the Hercules engined one as it doesn't look 'right' but on special offer at £24.99 couldn't resist, and it was my 60th birthday so what the heck! I now have all the new tool Airfix ones, yet to build one🙄.

:goodjob:

Davey.

Davey,

Happy big birthday! The kit is awesome, but watch out for the decals - they almost ruined my year. Can't wait to see more B.IIs on this forum - they do grow on you!

Cheers,

Roger

• Like 1

Super work.  

I have one on the shelf and your work is an inspiration to get it down and start on it.  I especially like the camouflage effect you've achieved - often the definition between the earth and the green seems too pronounced and doesn't reflect the look of the aircraft in photographs.  You've got it spot on. 

And I agree with others above that the Hercules engines look more 'businesslike' somehow. 

• Like 1

WOW,... what a fantastic Lanc Roger,..... you an amazing model there mate. I have always like the Mk.II and funnily enough I started building one myself last week,.... I hope it turn out as nicely as yours mate!

Lovely Lanc,

Cheers

Tony

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, tomkil said:

Super work.  

I have one on the shelf and your work is an inspiration to get it down and start on it.  I especially like the camouflage effect you've achieved - often the definition between the earth and the green seems too pronounced and doesn't reflect the look of the aircraft in photographs.  You've got it spot on. 

And I agree with others above that the Hercules engines look more 'businesslike' somehow. 

3 hours ago, woody37 said:

Excellent result of the butch looking version of the Lanc if we consider the Merlin variant a true lady!

Lovely weathering and great inspiration to dig one out of the stash :)

2 hours ago, ForestFan said:

That’s looks fabulous, I might have to purchase one of these!

1 hour ago, Old_Scopie said:

Beautifully done, I have this in my stash, but don't for a moment believe I could achieve these results.

36 minutes ago, planecrazee said:

Well done Dunny - that's a fantastic Lanc and fantastic piece of modelling :thumbsup:

You're excellent paint job has given me the perfect inspiration for the camo on my Wellington build 

Kris

Thanks for all the kind words gents - much appreciated!

Cheers,

Roger

GREAT JOB !. I really like the classic Bomber Command scheme and you have got it spot on with this unusual Lancaster. I am particularly impressed with the cowling rings and the weathering that has not been overdone.

Well Done, Sir !

8 hours ago, tonyot said:

WOW,... what a fantastic Lanc Roger,..... you an amazing model there mate. I have always like the Mk.II and funnily enough I started building one myself last week,.... I hope it turn out as nicely as yours mate!

Lovely Lanc,

Cheers

Tony

Thanks for the kind words Tony - much appreciated. I look forward to seeing yours, and I have no doubt that you will raise the bar!

Cheers,

Roger

3 hours ago, dogsbody said:

I`m glad I could be of some small assistance to the completion of such a great looking model. Well done!

Chris

Thanks Chris - much more than small assistance I can assure you!

Much appreciated,

Roger

• Like 2

3 hours ago, dogsbody said:

I`m glad I could be of some small assistance to the completion of such a great looking model. Well done!

Chris

Thanks Chris - much more than small assistance I can assure you!

Much appreciated,

Roger

2 hours ago, Graham said:

Wow she's a beast I think the herc Lancs look more purposeful, great build and a very nice paint job. Well done Rodger 🤗

2 hours ago, Tiger331 said:

GREAT JOB !. I really like the classic Bomber Command scheme and you have got it spot on with this unusual Lancaster. I am particularly impressed with the cowling rings and the weathering that has not been overdone.

Well Done, Sir !

Many thanks for the kind words gents!

Cheers,

Roger