That's beautiful. Clean as an exceptionally clean whistle. It looks like it was built in a hermetically sealed environment... not a single speck of dust or mystery hair...

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Michael louey said:

That shows skills you don't see much these days. With so many detailed kits you can just assemble, scratchbuilding and vacforms are things you don't really get to see much these days. Great model!

Cheers

Michael

Thanks Michael. I completely agree. The general standard of kits has improved so much in recent years that the emphasis has changed to painting and weathering techniques,

rather than the engineering or construction side, so modellers don't develop those skills much any more. But I'm an engineer, not an artist, so that is where my interest lies. 

Needless to say, perhaps, I acquired those skills several decades ago, when things were very different....

Truly exceptional modelling, Roger. Bravo! I have the 1:72 Valom kit, but I have reason to doubt it will turn out this nice!    👍

Cheers,

Bill

PS. Good movie too. I have it on DVD.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Navy Bird said:

I have the 1:72 Valom kit, but I have reason to doubt it will turn out this nice!    👍

From what I can see of the Valom kit in the Ginter book, it doesn't look like a great improvement on the vacform. But at least I think it gives you photo-etched dive brakes, so

you don't have to drill all those holes 🥴

fd2ce6f6-0609-4aeb-aef4-27d844a94ad1.jpg

cd4d0eeb-36f5-4d0b-9b5f-0f3ebe05746b.jpg

• Like 2

Absolutely wonderfull !!

Congratulations !!

I'm gathering bits and bobs to build a 1/48 BT-1, your work here is an incentive for me !!

Thanks for sharing it !!

CC

• Thanks 1

Truly astounding workmanship - I had to double-check it was to 1/72 scale and not to a much larger scale! And I still can't believe my eyes. The detailing is so far beyond incredible that I'm lost for words! The cockpit detail, even down to the surface of the floor, and the dive brakes are simply mind-boggling. Add to that the amazing finish. Its a show-stopper!

Thank you for sharing your photographs of an inspirational model.

Kind regards,

Mark

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, 2996 Victor said:

Truly astounding workmanship - I had to double-check it was to 1/72 scale and not to a much larger scale! And I still can't believe my eyes. The detailing is so far beyond incredible that I'm lost for words! The cockpit detail, even down to the surface of the floor, and the dive brakes are simply mind-boggling. Add to that the amazing finish. Its a show-stopper!

Thank you for sharing your photographs of an inspirational model.

5 hours ago, Gary Brantley said:

Good Gawd Amighty!   That is just flat amazing. :clap2:  That level of work and detail is just stunning to see, and in that scale too!!?! :worthy:  What a work of scale modeling art Roger!   Please sir, take a well-deserved bow for that masterpiece!  🏆

Many thanks for the kind comments. Building models like this is truly a 'labour of love' (and a feat of endurance/patience), so it's nice to know it's appreciated..... 

Regards, Roger

• Like 2