Wow, that is a beautiful model. 

I have some Esoteric USN types to build, they chose some spectacularly coloured aircraft.  The Errol Flynn film is excellent too, great planes, and I know smoking was common back then but even by the standards of the day, boy did they get through some cigarettes in that movie...

• Thanks 1

That's superb Roger, and an inspiration.

What sort of optical devices do you use to create such microscopic detail?

Is there any chance you could get a few of your models out of their boxes in the loft and photograph them, I would love to see more of your work.

Regards,

Keith.

• Thanks 1

Spotted a typo in your OP. You said 1/72 but that has to be 1/32 right?  Just kidding. That’s a hugely impressive bit of model making there. I hadn’t thought you could get that much into a 1/72 size model. Very well done and inspirational. 👏 bravo

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, KeithR said:

What sort of optical devices do you use to create such microscopic detail?

Actually, just the Mk1 eyeball.  I'm very short-sighted, which is an advantage for this kind of work (not too good for some other things....I could never be a pilot).

I can see every speck of dust in the paint and spend about 30 mins after each coat removing them all......OCD or what ?! 

(Is there any chance you could get a few of your models out of their boxes in the loft and photograph them, I would love to see more of your work.)

Yes, I plan to do just that, but need to set aside a fair bit of time to devote to it.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, JohnT said:

Spotted a typo in your OP. You said 1/72 but that has to be 1/32 right?  Just kidding. That’s a hugely impressive bit of model making there. I hadn’t thought you could get that much into a 1/72 size model. Very well done and inspirational. 👏 bravo

Sometimes it feels a bit like watchmaking in that small scale. Makes me want to go and lie in a darkened room....🥴

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, mick b said:

Stunning work Roger, pity it took twenty years to see it finished.

Mike

I always intended to go back to it......but got sidetracked by a few other jobs 😀