Bugatti Royales

As I was putting my latest model a Citroen B14 Normande done in Heller Group Build I put it next to these two Bugatti Royales that I did some years ago

Both are well before my Britmodeller days so not the best quality.

The white one is a Lindenberg kit and the yellow is Italeri

The yellow one was my last effort at brush painting and I vowed that I would never try and brushpaint another car. Luckily we moved house so at least I can spraycan albeit mostly outside

The white one is my first effort so not the best. 

Still they look nice in the cabinet from where I view them so stand well back when you look

resized_9df90ab5-a086-4b35-b84c-65f57645

resized_be086bc4-3d43-48f4-a170-c71f2ddd

resized_2581aa49-2816-4fcc-99a8-d9257ae2

resized_74714e5d-8593-419d-bc6a-d2472e37

resized_a4720064-ae25-4af7-becc-258ee323

resized_5721826d-2739-4048-bee5-1f00ea11

resized_6d33c806-9e24-45de-ae34-05a1711c

resized_bbc86fc4-3a6c-4357-8f09-14119e51

• Like 17

They look good, particularly the yellow and black one, which I think was the Berline de Voyage.

One Christmas, many years ago (30, give or take) I got the yellow and black Bugatti kit, a Hasegawa Buick Wildcat and the Tamiya Morris Mini Cooper S.  As I recall the Bugatti was a very complicated kit, and I think yours is the first one I've seen completed well (something I couldn't say about the one I made).

The wheels let down the white car a bit, but that's more of an issue with the kit than your work.

• Thanks 1

I have always been fascinated by Bugattis and especially the Royales

If I was brave enough I love to try and recreate the three that are not kitted

I have the Bandai Napoleon which I started and stalled due to son's demands for Space Marine painting

• Like 2

Lovely work & many thanks for sharing!  I always enjoy seeing models like these 🙂

2 hours ago, johnlambert said:

the yellow and black one, which I think was the Berline de Voyage.

It is indeed!  Don't think I've seen pics of a built one before - just the Coupe Napoleon that Italeri also did, and which I assume it shares many of the sprues with.  I have a Coupe Napoleon, but haven't found a Berline de Voyage kit yet.

I've often thought that Lindberg's Wienberger kit would be a good basis for an Esders roadster 😎  This is the likely fate for the one I have.

4 minutes ago, cherry268 said:

I have the Bandai Napoleon which I started and stalled due to son's demands for Space Marine painting

I built one of these a while back - let me know if you want any tips as there are a few areas to watch out for 🙂  Btw, the 1:16 Bandai / Entex / Fuman Royale is the Binder Coupe de Ville, which whilst visually similar, is a poorly proportioned copy of the Coupe Napoleon.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Paul H said:

Btw, the 1:16 Bandai / Entex / Fuman Royale is the Binder Coupe de Ville, which whilst visually similar, is a poorly proportioned copy of the Coupe Napoleon.

Well I learnt something today, I don't know why I thought it was the Napoleon, probably got mixed up with the Italeri kit

Forgive me my memory is not what it was😀

Thanks

My eyes glazed over seeing your Lindberg coupe. I immediately imagined it in 1/8 scale, sitting next to my Pocher Rolls. A wonderful dream.

Your builds, paint aside, are very neat. Ever consider disassembly and paint stripping? Then a nice spray finish...:shrug:

2 hours ago, Codger said:

My eyes glazed over seeing your Lindberg coupe. I immediately imagined it in 1/8 scale, sitting next to my Pocher Rolls. A wonderful dream.

Your builds, paint aside, are very neat. Ever consider disassembly and paint stripping? Then a nice spray finish...:shrug:

Thanks. To be honest, to me, they are good enough to be my cabinet and I am not sure if I did dismantle them that I could make them much better. I just don't have the facilities for the standard of paintwork that others achieve here

But I am improving and I would rather do it on a new model and keep learning. I can see me losing my mojo if I have to keep trying on the same model. I don't get a lot of time for modelling so I have to make the most of what I do get so have to accept what I end up with. 

But I have to say a1/8th Royale would be a dream, when I retire of course 

• Like 2