Eduard 1/48th Hawker Tempest V

Hi all,

My first build from this year completed, the very nice 1/48th Tempest V by Eduard  

Superb fit and surface detail, only let down by terrible decals, which were thick, wouldn't conform and some even failed to adhere completely, I had to source most of them from my spare sheets.

My only addition to the kit was a set of Eduard resin wheel. Painted with MRP lacquer paints, and sealed with MRP clear matt cote... which is impressively matt. Weathered with oil washes, pastels and a silver pencil for the chipped areas

Thanks for looking, gazza l

DSC_1032

DSC_1033

DSC_1034

DSC_1035 DSC_1038

DSC_1040

DSC_1041

• Like 45
  • Thanks 2

That’s just beautiful Gaz, very well modelled - looks a real treat. Shame to read your comments on the Eduard decals, I’ve got the Royal Box version and specifically bought this for the colour schemes included. It would be a real shame if these decals are useless and would have me thinking twice about investing so much money on another Eduard kit again. 

Cheers.. Dave 

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Rabbit Leader said:

That’s just beautiful Gaz, very well modelled - looks a real treat. Shame to read your comments on the Eduard decals, I’ve got the Royal Box version and specifically bought this for the colour schemes included. It would be a real shame if these decals are useless and would have me thinking twice about investing so much money on another Eduard kit again. 

Cheers.. Dave 

Thanks very much Dave.

Yes the decals were a real let down, I've never had any problems with their decals before.  The problem seemed to be with the larger decals, the stencil data and the codes weren't

too bad.  I did complain to Eduard's  support team and the sent me a replacement sheet.

Response from Eduard support;

Hello Gary, we are sorry about your disappointment. The cartograf decals were mostly included in our Limited edition kits (other manufacturers sprues). Our kits included Eduard decals. We are using a new printer for our decals and recently added another layer of clear coat. But working with the decals should still be the same. We are sorry about your bad experience.

• Thanks 1

On 1/17/2021 at 7:54 AM, Erik Leijdens said:

Great job! A beautiful model of a fantastic aircraft. 

pity about the decals, didn’t expected that. 

Erik

No neither was I Erik!

I've always loved the Eduard's profipaks, they are a complete package with the excellent moldings, photo etch, masks, resin parts and usually a comprehensive set of quality, problem free decals. 

Thanks very much everyone for your kind comments, gazza l

• Like 1