Which European cars could be viable kits?

cmatthewbacon

16 hours ago, johnlambert said:

I'd have thought one of the two-stroke or V4 SAABs, again classic rally machines, but a 99 Turbo with Aztec wheels would surely be a nice thing to build.

Incas, not Aztecs ;)

My dad had a 84 99GL in pale Metallic blue sitting on a set of turbo Incas, something I’d ideally love to own myself but if not, make a model of it. Sadly think the original is long gone but if anyone sees CEH 804Y, give me a shout. 

The 2 strokes and V4s would also be a good choice, I’d probably build one but wouldn’t be my first choice 

EDIT— Found a picture, not of my dads 99 but one pretty much exact 😍 

Everyone can keep their Ferrari/Lambos whatever super car you wish, my dream car right here

Saab 99

Ours also had a Saab 90 front spoiler/air dam for a slightly cleaner look under the bumper. 

Edited by chrisrope
Picture inserted
  • Like 2

I’ll give someone else a chance but this would be my second choice. 
Also not my car but was exactly the same

900t16s

1988 Saab 900 T16S (not an Aero despite the name sticking)

I got mine as my first Saab when I was 24. I was slumming it in a crusty 1275 Metro Gta when my Dad decided to get a new shape NG900 so offered me the T16. 
When the insurance quote came back CHEAPER than the Metro I reluctantly agreed :D

Been through a few other Saab’s and a deeply depressing Citroen Picasso to where I am now

Saab

Wouldn’t mind a kit of this either 

Edited by chrisrope
Pics sorted properly
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Alan R said:

My SAAB 9-3 was the Saloon version. 2.2 TiD. Loved it. Engine was a bit of a bucket of bolts, but utterly bullet-proof!

Cheers,

Alan.

I’ve had the pleasure of owning one of those too, it was decent but I never bonded with it.

I later had the 2.2 TiD in the old shape 9-3 and I loved it, reliable even when it was broken. I had to drive it from Ayr back to the Peak District with an non functioning EGR valve. Fully loaded, approximately 90bhp, no turbo boost and max 3k rpm in limp mode in the pouring rain, what a trooper :)

Saab

The rear arches eventually rusted out :(

A 9-3 Viggen would be a good idea 

Viggen

• Like 2