Revell 1/72 McDonnell F-101B Voodoo

Morning all,

Another day, another completion. The next instalment in my Century Series theme, this is Revell's F-101B Voodoo. A decent kit with largely excellent fit, although I needed to do a bit of sanding and trimming to get the cockpit and nosegear bay to fit nicely. Otherwise, it was largely problem free. Finished completely OOB using Hataka Orange Line and Alclad lacquers.

50840057318_5cdc1a5ab7_o.jpgRevell 1/72 McDonnell F-101B Voodoo by Shaun Schofield, on Flickr

50840871057_5c92f0a9ab_o.jpgRevell 1/72 McDonnell F-101B Voodoo by Shaun Schofield, on Flickr

50840779001_525ac0e528_o.jpgRevell 1/72 McDonnell F-101B Voodoo by Shaun Schofield, on Flickr

50840871032_b92760272b_o.jpgRevell 1/72 McDonnell F-101B Voodoo by Shaun Schofield, on Flickr

50840871007_472a38bfc7_o.jpgRevell 1/72 McDonnell F-101B Voodoo by Shaun Schofield, on Flickr

Thanks for looking, comments welcomed as always

Cheers,

Shaun

• Like 53
  • Thanks 1

Excellent work! I loved the Voodoo's shape when I was a kid - always wanted one, but it never happened... You made it look very attractive.

• Like 1

Thanks all, much appreciated :)

21 hours ago, Chrisj2003 said:

@Seamus really very nice. Put me off doing mine cos I won’t get it as good. What did you use to bring out the panel ones?

Chris

I used Mig Productions Neutral Wash

20 hours ago, Pete in a shed said:

Very nice Shaun. That's a lovely finish you've achieved. Isn't this the ex Monogram mould?

Pete

I believe it's Revell's own tooling due to the recessed panel lines

• Thanks 1

Ooh - nuclear nukes!!! Nice :) Interesting if Oregon ANG had nukes in their arsenal.

And a very good result overall. Grisp and clean. Looks very good. My congratulations! Did you manage to do a rotating weapon tray to hide those Genies? 

Edited by Dennis_C
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Dennis_C said:

Ooh - nuclear nukes!!! Nice :) Interesting if Oregon ANG had nukes in their arsenal.

And a very good result overall. Grisp and clean. Looks very good. My congratulations! Did you manage to do a rotating weapon tray to hide those Genies? 

No, I made life easy for myself and glued the tray in position. If I'm honest I've no idea if Oregon ANG did use the Genies or not, but I opted for them as something a little different :)

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Seamus said:

No, I made life easy for myself and glued the tray in position. If I'm honest I've no idea if Oregon ANG did use the Genies or not, but I opted for them as something a little different

Fully agree. Genies look cool indeed. On this monsterfighter any other missiles look as if they are in 1/144.

I actially tried rotation option but it really does not work perfectly well. So my Canadian Voodoo shows dwarfy Falcons while no one would see something that Canada was not supposed to have :)

Edited by Dennis_C
  • Like 1