Eduard 1/48 Hellcat Mk II FAA - updated 07 Feb 21

Harvs73

I have started a 1/48 Eduard Hellcat Mk II for a Speed build on a Facebook group and am using the Eduard Dual Combo Hellcat Mk I and Mk II kit. It all went together so far very quickly as I have not spent huge amounts of time detailing and weathering the interior as very little can be seen once it is closed up. The Combo set provides PE for the cockpit and a few other areas and even there I have not used it all as I can barely see the handles etc, never mind glue them on.

xfile.php,qid=20948.pagespeed.ic.DJ2H1HX

xfile.php,qid=20960.pagespeed.ic.cIZlou-

xfile.php,qid=20962.pagespeed.ic.zpIyq_r

xfile.php,qid=20973.pagespeed.ic.X2wZzE_

xfile.php,qid=20977.pagespeed.ic.9n097GV

Edited by Harvs73
  • Like 8

On 1/16/2021 at 7:02 PM, Graeme H said:

Very nice finish on that, what paints did you use?

Graeme, I used Model Master Dark Sea Blue and then put a coat of sealer over the top which gives it a little more gloss in preparation for decaling.

• Like 1

Nice work on the Cat so far Harvs.

Only wish I could finish a speed build. There's always some snag that slows it down or brings it to a great crashing halt.

Good luck, keep it up.

Good seeing a typical Aussie work bench - Milo tin, Pledge and Diggers mineral turps.👍

• Haha 1

On 1/20/2021 at 3:56 PM, Red Dog said:

Nice work on the Cat so far Harvs.

Only wish I could finish a speed build. There's always some snag that slows it down or brings it to a great crashing halt.

Good luck, keep it up.

Good seeing a typical Aussie work bench - Milo tin, Pledge and Diggers mineral turps.👍

I am not really different form you, I take months to complete a simple model these days due to work but this one is actually an easy build due to good engineering of the kit.

I am also living in Hobart so we are both in the forgotten part of Australia. 🙂

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Harvs73 said:

I am also living in Hobart so we are both in the forgotten part of Australia. 🙂

Better off than us COVID-ridden Sydney siders locked out of the rest of the country... 🤦‍♂️

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Harvs73 said:

I am also living in Hobart so we are both in the forgotten part of Australia.

Not a bad place to at the moment.

1 hour ago, mark.au said:

Better off than us COVID-ridden Sydney siders locked out of the rest of the country...

We are a bit lucky in that sense here in Tas.

As long the international borders are still open then it wont get any better. It will find a way out, someone will slip through or not obey the rules and we're back in lockdown.

The Aust Open has to go ahead so those in charge can keep thinking they're important. Reduced crowds that will still mingle and it won't reap in the money they want - 'Ohh but it was still a success'.

I understand for the players it's their job and there are plenty who only just win enough money to pay their bills and get to the next tournament. But rest of the world is doing it tough.

Oh well, the sooner we get that 'government microchipped' vaccine the better. Oh you don't want the government to know where you are? Then stop posting your life on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & Snap Chat you idiot.

Rant over.

• Like 1

The Hellcat looks great!  Looking forward to seeing the result.  I’m just beginning to paint mine, a tricolour scheme but those GSB schemes just look mean to my eye, full of menace and purpose.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Harvs73 changed the title to Eduard 1/48 Hellcat Mk II FAA - updated 07 Feb 21
3 hours ago, Harvs73 said:

Almost there with really only the prop to go. I would normally add the antenna cables but the antenna posts on the kit are to fragile, especially the tail post, and won't handle the line between them.

file.php?id=21121

Lovely job, I have a small picture downstairs of this Hellcat in the barrier.  I’ll have a look at the Ariel fit as they may not have had the cable in place.

Edit:-  I had had a look at the. Phot and can see the mast.  Not clear enough to see the antenna wire.  I guess I would go with the Eduard artwork..  Sorry..

Edited by Grey Beema