MikroMir 1/144 Blackburn Beverley C. Mk 1 RAF heavy-lift tactical transport

adey m

Well everyone, I finally decided that I was ready to glue the wings to the fuselage which I did, then things just flowed from there and finally the Beverley is completed, well complete until I spot something else that I overlooked or am not happy with.

I used quick-setting super glue gel to fix the wings to the fuselage, this allowed me to hold a wing at the correct angle while the glue set very quickly. I then sanded, filled and sanded the wing joins and then touched up the camouflage paint that had been affected.

I was very impressed again at the precision that MikroMir have bestowed on this kit, the main undercarriages fitted perfectly at the correct angles and length.

The tiny etched antennas were a real challenge to install, but are worth the effort, however I decided to leave off the paratroop guard rails on the cargo doors as they were not installed all the time anyway.

resized_8da38383-7beb-4f53-85e2-0e49a1d6

The 30cm ruler gives an indication of the size of the model which is impressive even in 1/144 scale. I used a permanent marker pen to draw the black walkway lines on the wings.

resized_2a6f3601-14e9-47a4-8ec6-781ad979

I am always a bit reluctant to weather and stain my models but a model of the Beverley really is not complete without the prominent engine exhaust staining and scorching which is so obvious on the real aircraft.

resized_310d49ed-9ba1-4aec-870d-2ac4b724

The model here is configured in the heavy paradrop configuration.

resized_6b87eb7c-36d2-4825-b525-55694015

The main undercarriage bogeys pivot.

resized_405ecba7-62c7-4f20-8dd4-455b2a3e

resized_94b0efad-85f9-4e9f-8aca-bd9dfe97

Now shown with the rear cargo doors installed.

resized_4e0eedc9-4473-4b67-b648-4b4e2065

I have wanted an accurate model of the Beverley for many years and now thanks to MikroMir I am very pleased.

I will post more photos on Ready For Inspection when I have prepared them.

cheers, adey

Edited by adey m
  • Like 15

Oh Adey, that is fabulous!

It is a very nostalgic aircraft and you have done it full justice, and I love the very convincing way you photograph it.

All the best my friend,

Ray

• Thanks 1

• 9 months later...

What  a great build and a great way to spend my first half hour at work reading through your build log. Otstanding :)

The Beverley has a special place in our family as my dad flew in them alot during his time in the RAF. especially in the Middle East ar RAF Muhurraq between 1965/66 spending his 19th birthday there.

spacer.png

This is my effort with the Mikr Mir kit. No where near as good as your build.

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235070010-the-flying-block-of-flats-the-blackburn-beverley-c1-30-squadron-1965/