Tamiya 1/35 Bradley M2A2 ODS Iraq

GazB

Hi all. This here is a culmination of a Bradley kit I got years ago, probably early 2000s, that sat on a shelf as a relatively simple job for the best part of ten years. I sprayed it over with the Tamiya sand can back in the day, added the decals without gloss, and painted the odd bit of detail. No weathering at all. Instead of buying a new kit, I repurposed it. I removed the flaking decals, fully repainted with a more accurate colour. Glossed, applied decals from the original sheet that I retained, sealed and weathered. Crew were repainted, and additional figures from Trumpeter and Masterbox were added, in addition to some Miniart and Meng extras. The external stowage is mostly original, just repainted, weathered, and more accurately attached, with a few other bits based on reference images. Do wish I had a shot of the vehicle as it originally looked to show the change, but much like an M1A2 I have had on the go in a similar manner, forgot to take a picture, heh.

bradley1_by_moab23_decbk3e-fullview.jpg?

bradley2_by_moab23_decbk57-fullview.jpg?

bradley3_by_moab23_decbkab-fullview.jpg?

bradley4_by_moab23_decbkeq-fullview.jpg?

bradley5_by_moab23_decbkl2-fullview.jpg?

bradley6_by_moab23_decbkpg-fullview.jpg?

bradley7_by_moab23_decbksd-fullview.jpg?

bradley7_by_moab23_decbkv6-fullview.jpg?

bradley8_by_moab23_decbl4e-fullview.jpg?

Thanks for looking :)

Gaz

• Like 30
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Spitfire 123 said:

Lovely model, figure painting is very nice. Where did you get the boxes of supplies?

Cheers,

Riley

Thanks, Riley ^-^

If I remember correctly, the boxes were by Matho Models. Might be from a few different sets (water/soda) :)

Gaz

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Vinnie said:

Nicely finished dio. Well done.👍

2 hours ago, DeepSea said:

Beautiful work!

Can I ask which paints you used for the figures?

D

Thanks, Vinnie, DeepSea ^-^/

The paints for the figures were (some had camo decals on them previously, but when I did the newer figures, it wasn't wrapping around, so I had to paint most of them a little to match up), if I remember correctly: 

Mig Ammo Middlestone A.MIG-200
Mig Ammo Red Brown Base A.MIG-913 (think it was this one)

Mig Ammo Light Gray Green A.MIG-201

For the vests I think it was Tamiya NATO green, with Red Brown Base, Tamiya NATO Black, and Vallejo Medium Grey 70.987.

The faces were a few Mig Ammo flesh tones :)

Gaz

• Thanks 1

• 5 weeks later...

🙌👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻 Superb mate, i have this exact kit that im building right now, its interesting to see yours all painted up. I have mines in Vallejo Iraqi Sand colour that i am now regretting painting it this colour. Im probably too late to change  mines now but anyway, nice diorama mate🙌

Edited by Rossco_builds
Spelling
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Rossco_builds said:

🙌👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻 Superb mate, i have this exact kit that im building right now, its interesting to see it all painted up. I have mines in Vallejo Iraqi Sand colour that i am now regretting painting it this coulor. Too late to change  now but anyway nice diorama mate🙌

Thanks, Rossco ^-^

Never too late. I had this one painted up and decaled sitting for years before I redid it. Still wish I had the before and after, because the difference was stark to say the least 👀

Gaz

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, sanfrandragon said:

Looks great, both the Bradley and the figures.  Really nice composition.  The snickers bars are an inspiration!

Hehe, thanks very much, sanfrandragon ^-^

Gaz