Reggiane Re. 2001 Falco II SWORD 1:48

Kriss

Hello everybody! 

Another model that landed in my workshop is Reggiane Re. 2001 Falco II from Sword in 1:48 scale (SW48012). I know I promised an MC. 202 but there has been a slight adjustment in plans. Falco will be straight out of the box without any fireworks. And the rest will come out during construction.

xx1csRH.jpg

The whole thing looks like this: The little in-box of the kit:

IGfZzYQ.jpg

VXEJQZS.jpg

0w02HDp.jpg

C9KYiyu.jpg

QopLSWo.jpg

r1BGraA.jpg

lJMuKPO.jpg

HMctywa.jpg

kxJPHsb.jpg

CU47kGL.jpg

And a few details

C2TS2rF.jpg

JRPQ2AB.jpg

LIpXwQG.jpg

I uploaded the pictures wrong and redid them.

Edited by Kriss
  • Like 4

I played around a bit and managed to do the whole cabin interior. The instrument panel came out like this, it doesn't look tragic. I made pilot stripes out of wire and aluminum foil. I lightly dusted the interior with  dry pigments. Now the hull is drying.

ebhSaj0.jpg

pXiBPfC.jpg

eSWJD9u.jpg

• Like 5

I corrected the tailplane mounts to make them stick, because the company ones are weak. But that's the appeal of shot run models. I think I wrote well because my English is poor. Please correct me if I made a mistake. By the way the pics from the first post with the in-box are visible?

This is what it looks like in the kit.

hx10sQf.jpg

And so corrected.

qfPP2dV.jpg

The chassis shank mount was also the same, in the kit it looks like this.

psKNbSC.jpg

And corrected.

DmACv0y.jpg

As you can see from the photos, a description of the work is unnecessary. Below is the model put together, a beautiful silhouette.

QaQgxkv.jpg

Edited by Kriss
  • Like 6

After assembling it was time for masking. Reliable TAMIYA tape and maskol were used. And since I'm making an open cabin I masked the glazing from inside as well.

FSyMNuE.jpg

SKoZpYt.jpg

TUUmPvl.jpg

• Like 4

The work is still going on, grey primer on it black paint and finally silver all over.

xziW7rF.jpg

1mwSiwv.jpg

I also prepped the radiators and installed them before continuing.

aAqkZqU.jpg

• Like 4

I prepared the top for under camouflage, and in the afternoon the rest of the painting was done. It looks like a uniform camouflage color, but you have to be careful not to make it look like a toy or to overdo the shading to make it look like a tank coming back from the firing range.

Yesterday I was in the store to pick up my order, model add-ons alone and I was supposed to not buy any models, I didn't make it. I bought another Re. 2001 from Sword in 48 but in CN version, and from Special Hobbby Re. 2005 "Sagittario" in 48 and from ICM but in 32 Fiat CR. 42 "Falko".

wBOMGsf.jpg

VRH0MC7.jpg

• Like 4

I had a bit of fun painting it,but I'm happy with the result. I wanted to get a subtle shading. I know the pictures are weak but I don't have a place to take them yet, I'm currently changing the place of my studio but the renovation is going very slowly.

VNXv7dO.jpg

TNYLJ4f.jpg

• Like 2

I masked the model to make a white belt on the hull. The indispensable Tamiya tape was used.

otTpfty.jpg

After removing the mask, this is how the white stripe came out for me, painted directly over the camouflage and without applying primer. The white paint covered very nicely with a very thin coat, no tooth from the tape.

ST0JqIN.jpg

• Like 2