Nord Noratlas 1/72nd scale

Every so often I get the urge to build something different, or take on an older kit.

I decided to tackle the old Heller kit of the French transport aeroplane the Noratlas.

It is a typical old kit of it's time, raised panel lines, sparse interior, simplified detail.

To be fair the surface detail is fine and restrained, no shipyard rivets, and their is enough of an interior to start with.

I added some extra detail in the cockpit, most of which can't be seen!

The exterior required some work, there are a number of aerials, intakes, vents and other bits & bobs that were added.

The port hole transparencies were thick with a mould ejector mark in the centre.

I replaced them by using clear decal film.

Applied as normal decals, with clear gloss over the top. Got a reasonable effect.

The model was painted with Xtracolor enamels.

The decals were old and yellowed.

I replaced the crosses with ones from the spares box as the kit ones were out of register.

Nor1.jpg

Nor2.jpg

Nor3.jpg

Nor5.jpg

Nor8.jpg

Nor9.jpg

Nor13.jpg

Nor10.jpg

Thanks for looking :)

Angelo.

• Like 53
  • Thanks 1

Yes really nice to see this one again. You made a very good job and it turns out so realistic. Really finally something not so common. Also love to bring old kits back to life.

cheers 

Andy 

• Like 1

You've done a grand job there with this old kit, very impressive.

I have one in the stash which I plan to do in a French scheme.

• Like 1

I like it.  Mind that weak undercarriage! The one I had went through several repairs.   You have got to hand it to Heller though. They are the only people who have kitted types that no on else has such as this, the Noratlas.   I had one for several years built in same colour scheme but I replaced all the out of register decals with those by Microscale. Numbers unit badges the lot.   It got sold with a few hundred others over a period of time.

Going back to Heller, who else has done to 1/72 all those different French types ( except the major fighters), DC-6, Connie, SAAB Safir .J-29, CL-215 and 415, Lansen, T-28, and so on.

• Like 1