Breguet 273, China AF 1937, Azur 1/72

JWM

Hi,

I am continuing reduction of French machines from the stash. It is the 11th in last year build of French-origin type. Breguet 273 was a light (tactical) bomber and observation machine, a development (export variant) of Breguet 27.  Those machines besides France were used in China and in Venezuela. The only one survived, or rather the remains of it, are preserved in the Maracay Museum of Aviation (Venezuela). More about this exposition you can find here:

http://swag-trip-logs.blogspot.com/2015/03/venezuela-museo-aeronautico-de-la.html,  https://c2.staticflickr.com/8/7644/17018760981_d36e1deb4a_z.jpg  

Anyway, my model is of China one. Although the Azur kit has provision to do his model I have to change some details, since the existing photos show it differently then it is done in kit. 

On the photo of real thing:

50836993513_084326867b_b.jpg

The grill behind prop is not moved backward as suggested in kit instruction, the additional cooler is moved forward and there is additional inlet of air below nose. There are also landing lamps below the wingtips of lower wing. The side air inlet (?) is suggested to be on starboard side, inn model it is on port. The pitch of prop is different, so I interpreted that maybe the above photo is a mirror reflection. This is a bit confirmed by the Venezuelian machine from museum, where the starboard side of engine is simply flat, without any bulged inlet on it. Anyway, those were my dilemmas  on construction. of model...

Here she is:

50837711366_dc12a5c95a_b.jpg50836987868_e7820e6f0d_b.jpg50837794702_d2a8a1b485_b.jpg50836988043_c3e7fefd73_b.jpg

50837711671_2db94922e9_b.jpg

50837794877_8dc7f2a138_b.jpg

50837711821_0b61b03c54_b.jpg

50837795062_59101bf6e9_b.jpg

50837795282_d0377073cd_b.jpg

And a set of my shelf with Chinese machines (including  Soviet  I-152 from Khalkhin Gol border war) from Second Sino-Japan War before start of WW2 in Far East  (so years 1937-41) .

Below is a shelf for Japan machines from this conflict (I know, too few of them but in stash there is not so small set waiting for their time) and above it is a  shelf with French machines from Spanish Civil War (at least Dewoitine 27 is currently in stash designed to be there maybe soon)...

50836988608_3fcf0f6cc2_b.jpg

That all so far about mine  No1 from 2021!

Coments welcome

Regards

Jerzy-Wojtek

• Like 17

8 hours ago, Pauly Boy said:

I love all your builds. So very different from the regular fair that gets shown (no offence to anyone). The early Sino/Japanese wars are very interesting and the aircraft are so not main stream. Keep up the good work.

Paul

Paul, thank you. This Chinese set is not that large as I wish to have (not telling about the Japan side) - the main "gap" is Curtiss Shrike (A12). I still do hope that it will be issued as injection kit so I am not buying resin one by CMR... Of course there could be also Gladiator, Curtiss Hawk III and 75, Fiat  CR 32, Hs 123, He 111 a, SB-2, TB-3, R-5, ...

- but I have or planning to have most of in other liveries. Doing for instance two TB3 - one Russian another one Chinese seem a bit bizarre to me, people do not live that long to build old possible kits. in all colors.. ;). So the limited collection is necessary compromise.

5 hours ago, Vinnie said:

Nice work, Jerzy. The French certainly produced some odd looking aircraft back then.

There is something with style of  French one, but it is  perhaps also about the era...

6 hours ago, Sky Keg said:

That`s a great subject along with the growing collection Jerzy!!!!!!!! :like:

Mike

Mike, thank you!  

one have to sit many hours to have even small collection...

2 hours ago, S. Uehlinger said:

Very Impressive and Varied Collection of Models, Jerzy!

Thank you! Currently my set of 1935-45 machines is in range of some 430... The Sino-Japan war set is some kind of a cherry on a cake :) ... or a side kick... ;)

1 hour ago, John Masters said:

Nice Jerzy.  I love the Chinese collection.  It really gives you an idea of the odd melange of aircraft the Nationalists flew, basically anything they could get their hands on.

John  thank you !  But surprisingly they were using relatively new machines, not an obsolete ones. It is still not that old in 1937 the  Breguet 273, not Breguet XIX like in Republicans during SCW - there was no embargo...  So soon after Curtiss Hawk II and III there was Curtiss 75. Gladiator was also a strong machine those days...

Regards

J-W

• Like 1

A nice build! It is always interesting to see aircraft from the pre-WW2 conflicts that are all too often forgotten and you are building an impressive collection of these types.

Edited by 112 Squadron
  • Thanks 1