Heller / Smer Amiot 143 - The flying Chocolate Eclair

Ladies and Gentlemen, allow me to introduce another of the builds from the current Heller Classic GB, the Amiot 143.

I always was a sucker for good looks, so this one was irresistible !

Painted in Chocolate paint with a cream interior, what else instantly comes to mind but a Chocolate Eclair.

Work in progress below

I hope you like it

IMG_5391

IMG_5392

IMG_5393

IMG_5394

IMG_5395

Great fun to build, let me know what you think.

cheers Pat

• Like 31

Beautiful, in a way only a French aircraft of this era can be.  To think that the same country's aviation industry produced such elegant aircraft as the Mirage series.

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, Natter said:

Beautiful, in a way only a French aircraft of this era can be.  To think that the same country's aviation industry produced such elegant aircraft as the Mirage series.

Considering what the Italians were turning out. French aircraft of this era seem to be designed by someone with an aversion to curves.

Lovely build though.

• Like 1

Looks great, a lovely result from a vintage kit. I actually think it's quite a handsome if slightly awkward looking machine, reminds me of the Hampden. 

Trouble is, you've now put the idea of eclairs in my mind and there are none in the house... 😡

• Haha 2

Different, always like the more unusual subjects.  I have a SMER boxing of the Potez 540 to do in the Nationalist Spanish Civil war markings. I kinda like these French subjects and may get more.

:goodjob:

Davey.

• Like 1

Hi Pat,

I will pass on some not too complimentary comments from some jealous British BMers... What do they know about beauty?

Ze Amiot 143 (pronounce cent quarante trois pliz) iz butifoul!!!  Like ze French women!!!

Especially compared to the Blackburn Blackburd...

This horribly patriotic statement aside, your Amiot is splendid, especially considering the dearth of details on the handful of plastic bits found in the box!!!

Your chocolate is spot on and my liver is already hurting, just looking at it.

Congrats mate!

JR

• Haha 2

On 15/01/2021 at 06:47, Natter said:

Thanks very much, really glad you liked it.

Cheers Pat 

On 15/01/2021 at 07:45, John_W said:

Considering what the Italians were turning out. French aircraft of this era seem to be designed by someone with an aversion to curves.

Lovely build though.

Thanks very much John

The LeO 45 was a lovely looking aircraft, so they could do it when they wanted to !

Its definitely put me in the mood to build some of the other distinctive aircraft of the same period, Potez 540 and Bloch 210, come to mind...... Again a bit of a curve free zone !

cheers Pat

On 15/01/2021 at 12:37, DaveyGair said:

Different, always like the more unusual subjects.  I have a SMER boxing of the Potez 540 to do in the Nationalist Spanish Civil war markings. I kinda like these French subjects and may get more.

:goodjob:

Davey.

Thanks Davey

I also fancy doing the same Potez 540, just need to find a GB it fits into now !

Cheers Pat

• Like 1

20 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

I also fancy doing the same Potez 540, just need to find a GB it fits into now !

I've lined mine up for French Fancy 🇫🇷

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 18/01/2021 at 13:47, TonyOD said:

I've lined mine up for French Fancy 🇫🇷

Not long to wait now, hopefully we will see lots of these eclectic aircraft join the GB.

Cheers Pat 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, JOCKNEY said:

Occupational hazard mate, embrace the madness  ! :frantic:

Yeah I know. FF may have to be my last GB of 2021 though, there’s other stuff I want to do and my completion rate is risible, frankly.