1/200 Trumpeter Titanic help

Hi there, I have just ordered a Trumpeter 1/200 Titanic kit, and wish to do a great job on her, can anybody help guide me through the add on kits (Pontus etc) that would really do this model justice. I'd like to get the add on's prior to starting the model. I did see a post about jigs available for drilling out the portholes etc, that would be handy, are they available for purchase?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Peter (Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada)

Well, it depends how much money you are willing to spend. The conciseness is that the KA/MK1 detail set ($330.00 US) is better than the Pontos set. Then there are the 'Scale The Titanic' 3D (thru Shipways upward to $250.00 US) and their photoetch sets, no longer available (temporarily or permanently unknown at this time $300.00+ US). Then there are other Shipways 3D products $250.00+ US.

As for the jigs for drilling out the portholes those are manufactured by Nigel in England, he also makes internal bracing to address the hull warp-edge. I would recommend you watch the his Youtube videos for more information to your question.  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL4khtUfadv0Hnzcwplt9Tn4dO_hqk1Z4B

Good luck in your quest. There is a large amount of products and information concerning the model, do not become bogged down in the minutia build it the way you want and most importantly have FUN.