Jump to content

Recommended Posts

For the same group build were I participated with the V-tail 109 I also build the Classic Airframes Bf 109D, OOB except for the decals.

 

8ef5f6a43c870f731eb7cc051e6b4c51.jpg

e98e28b83bc450b3e7001bd4a2b3a47a.jpg
9898f800c6f455dbed55ac78eb68ae9a.jpg
bc163c83fda78e889da005c6f3200fe9.jpg
9afb40308392fd05456741203c6eb72a.jpg
753a8287a3e1d42a40af2e4dd742535a.jpg
a5989b63e948058c8fa0354f6dcf6631.jpg
42c0692b13c437f0307fbf0423c975f5.jpg
4ddb5a208504b56386828f5804885fe2.jpg

 

 

Erik

 

  • Like 43
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Erik Leijdens changed the title to Bf 109D Classic Airframes, 148

Beautiful and great to see an earlier variant. I haven't built a 109 since I was a kid, this is great inspiration as I prefer the earlier models up to the E

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Old but still good! Looks great. What was its unit and place of operations? Any difficulties during building? Gratulations!

 

Best regards, Michal.

 

Edited by socjo1
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Very nice indeed.  I like these early '109s.  That's a great paint finish.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, woody37 said:

Beautiful and great to see an earlier variant. I haven't built a 109 since I was a kid, this is great inspiration as I prefer the earlier models up to the E

Thanks Woody! Yes I like the earlier variants too. There are too much Emils hanging around already!

 

 

14 hours ago, socjo1 said:

Old but still good! Looks great. What was its unit and place of operations? Any difficulties during building? Gratulations!

 

Best regards, Michal.

 

Hi Michal, thanks! Well this one was a nightfighter in the early days of May 1940 over Norway. Served at 12(N)JG2 if I am correct! There were couple of difficulties with the fit and stuff but nothing spectacular.

You can see my WIP here; https://www.scalemates.com/profiles/mate.php?id=14213&p=albums&album=63628

 

 

Erik

  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

That looks great. 

 

The Dora is certainly one of the best looking 109s there was. I read it was used a small bit over western Poland and as an interceptor over the Rhineland during the Phony War.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Very nicely done model. The instrument panel looks very good!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/14/2021 at 10:13 PM, exhausted said:

That looks great. 

 

The Dora is certainly one of the best looking 109s there was. I read it was used a small bit over western Poland and as an interceptor over the Rhineland during the Phony War.

Yes I believe they moved to the training units when war really got off. 
 

Thanks for you comment!

 

erik

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Very nice indeed, I have this and the Classic Airframes Anton in my stash and seeing this I want to move them up the build list.

 

Duncan B

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Excellent finish there that would have done justice to a larger scale kit.  Nicely done.  Being Classic Airframes too it wont have been a shake and bake job.  The modelling skills required clearly in evidence in the finished product.  Well done

 

 

PS  Did Luftwaffe pilots get fined 5 Marks for leaving their flaps down too? :D

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Duncan B said:

Very nice indeed, I have this and the Classic Airframes Anton in my stash and seeing this I want to move them up the build list.

 

Duncan B

Thanks for your comment Duncan! I have the Anton in the stash too and eager to build it. When choosing the NMF Spanish version there will be a lot of work to get the surface good enough for the metal paints.. Nothing fits like a glove on this kit.

 

 

Erik

 

 

59 minutes ago, mick b said:

Superb finish Erik, one of the best 109s I have seen.

 

Mike

Thanks Mike your too kind!

 

Erik

 

 

43 minutes ago, JohnT said:

Excellent finish there that would have done justice to a larger scale kit.  Nicely done.  Being Classic Airframes too it wont have been a shake and bake job.  The modelling skills required clearly in evidence in the finished product.  Well done

 

 

PS  Did Luftwaffe pilots get fined 5 Marks for leaving their flaps down too? :D

HI John, thank mate! No not exactly a shake and bake kit but I think it still is the best early 109 around. Maybe the new Ukranian/Russian kits are better but this one has a lot of very nice resin and low parts count.

 

Don't know about the flaps! It just looks nice :)

 

Erik

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Erik Leijdens said:

 

 

Don't know about the flaps! It just looks nice :)

 

Erik

 

It certainly does Erik

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Perfect in every sense,very welll balanced weathering!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Very nice indeed!   I like this paint scheme and as others have said, it's nice to see a different variant.   :clap2:

 

I'm thinking about starting the Hobbycraft Bf-109E-7 in 1/48.  I haven't built a 109 since I was a kid, and I need a simple, tail-dragger kit for a more relaxed build after several trying, complicated models.   Thanks for the inspiration Erik!  🥂

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...