Bf 109D Classic Airframes, 148

• Erik Leijdens changed the title to Bf 109D Classic Airframes, 148

Old but still good! Looks great. What was its unit and place of operations? Any difficulties during building? Gratulations!

Best regards, Michal.

Edited by socjo1
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, woody37 said:

Beautiful and great to see an earlier variant. I haven't built a 109 since I was a kid, this is great inspiration as I prefer the earlier models up to the E

Thanks Woody! Yes I like the earlier variants too. There are too much Emils hanging around already!

14 hours ago, socjo1 said:

Old but still good! Looks great. What was its unit and place of operations? Any difficulties during building? Gratulations!

Best regards, Michal.

Hi Michal, thanks! Well this one was a nightfighter in the early days of May 1940 over Norway. Served at 12(N)JG2 if I am correct! There were couple of difficulties with the fit and stuff but nothing spectacular.

You can see my WIP here; https://www.scalemates.com/profiles/mate.php?id=14213&p=albums&album=63628

Erik

• Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/14/2021 at 10:13 PM, exhausted said:

That looks great. 

The Dora is certainly one of the best looking 109s there was. I read it was used a small bit over western Poland and as an interceptor over the Rhineland during the Phony War.

Yes I believe they moved to the training units when war really got off. 

Thanks for you comment!

erik

• Like 1

Excellent finish there that would have done justice to a larger scale kit.  Nicely done.  Being Classic Airframes too it wont have been a shake and bake job.  The modelling skills required clearly in evidence in the finished product.  Well done

PS  Did Luftwaffe pilots get fined 5 Marks for leaving their flaps down too? :D

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Duncan B said:

Very nice indeed, I have this and the Classic Airframes Anton in my stash and seeing this I want to move them up the build list.

Duncan B

Thanks for your comment Duncan! I have the Anton in the stash too and eager to build it. When choosing the NMF Spanish version there will be a lot of work to get the surface good enough for the metal paints.. Nothing fits like a glove on this kit.

Erik

59 minutes ago, mick b said:

Superb finish Erik, one of the best 109s I have seen.

Mike

Thanks Mike your too kind!

Erik

43 minutes ago, JohnT said:

Excellent finish there that would have done justice to a larger scale kit.  Nicely done.  Being Classic Airframes too it wont have been a shake and bake job.  The modelling skills required clearly in evidence in the finished product.  Well done

PS  Did Luftwaffe pilots get fined 5 Marks for leaving their flaps down too? :D

HI John, thank mate! No not exactly a shake and bake kit but I think it still is the best early 109 around. Maybe the new Ukranian/Russian kits are better but this one has a lot of very nice resin and low parts count.

Don't know about the flaps! It just looks nice :)

Erik

• Like 2

Very nice indeed!   I like this paint scheme and as others have said, it's nice to see a different variant.   :clap2:

I'm thinking about starting the Hobbycraft Bf-109E-7 in 1/48.  I haven't built a 109 since I was a kid, and I need a simple, tail-dragger kit for a more relaxed build after several trying, complicated models.   Thanks for the inspiration Erik!  🥂

• Like 1