Javelin FAW.9 XH897 A&AEE 1/48 Airfix

An outstanding build and paint. Neither white nor red are easy colours to apply and you have done an excellent job with all that masking.  She's beauty and you should be rightly proud.

Mark

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, canberraman said:

An outstanding build and paint. Neither white nor red are easy colours to apply and you have done an excellent job with all that masking.  She's beauty and you should be rightly proud.

Mark

Well said and very appropriate. 

• Thanks 1

Great job on a great kit. It is a superb kit from Airfix and it goes together nicely. Your painting skills are superb, red and white are easy to trip up on as I am about to find out with my build of the same kit, any tips welcome..😉

The other point is masking. It is not just one demarcation line along the fuselage but many at all angles too, as can be seen a long time spent on the task but it has paid dividends, superb work here too.

8 hours ago, Col Walter E Kurtz said:

Not really knowing that much about the Javelin.. does it have 3 Pitot tubes because it's a Test /evaluation aircraft of did they all have 3 x pitot tube as standard? I'm just curious .. 

From what I can tell this Javelin and XH754 which I am building are both test airframes and both seem to have 3 pitot tubes, however, XH754 has a shorter one on the nose cone.

I can only see two on standard production machines but I am no expert on the 'Flat Iron' so would be happy to be corrected.

• Like 1