AIRLINER - Skyline Models 1/144 B737-300 - Jet 2 Scotland G-CELU

Hello all,

I have finally finished my Skyline Models 737-300 that I started some point during the first lockdown, I think, been at it on and off but finally put it all together! With the help of Skodadriver's post (I think it was!! I can't find it!) showing a WIP guide, I put the wings and stabilizers on before painting them so I could fill in the horrible gaps, it's the first time I've ever done that as I usually paint the wings and then stick them on once the body had been sprayed. 

This is my second Jet 2 737, but the first one that is not a scrap version 🤣

The kit looks nice in the box but it's more fiddly than it looks, filler used it the tail, fuselage, wings, wing and stabalizer joins and the engines. But it does look excellent after I must say! I was going to have a go at putting on the 4 probes on the front, but being extremely small, I had a go at putting one in and it wouldn't fit, I couldn't sand it down as it would move and bend just by touching it, so I thought forget it!

The Jet 2 decals are quite delicate, but so is the DACO 737 stencil sheet that comes with the box. I was going to paint the leading edge slats on the wings, but I saw there was decals of these on the stencilling sheet, brilliant! 

Well it looked like a great idea, but after fiddling around trying to get them on and stay there, and look reasonably straight, and not break, I could have painted it quicker!

I tried the ones for the stabalizers as well but they ended up breaking apart, so I painted it myself instead. I also had to paint the serial on one of the nose doors as well, as the 'LU' decal went flying off when I got it out of the water. It was still on the decal backing card, but I had hundreds of decal disused cards and cut trimmings all over the table and it got jumbled in amongst all that, so I tried the best I could to write LU on the door!! Note to self - tidy up as you go along!!

Anyway I hope you like it, and thanks for looking!

50834956126_3ce5cf15d0_h.jpg

50834229793_1947e195d4_h.jpg

50834230038_2146eb5678_h.jpg

50834962646_d3e375eeb1_h.jpg

50834230408_298a189b7b_h.jpg

50835049047_f7cb465de9_h.jpg

James.

• Like 18

Excellent! I remember seeing Lima Uniform at Edinburgh a couple of times and you've captured her well.

I must have built the Daco Skyline 737s a dozen times and I've always had good results from the leading edge decals even thought I generally regard l/e decals as more bother than they are worth. If you build the kit again I find a hairdryer very helpful for getting the l/e decals settled although you have to make sure you direct it so that it doesn't blow the decal off the model, as I found out the hard way! In my experience the Daco l/e decals also respond well to decal solvent.

Thanks for sharing :goodjob:

Dave G