Star Trek: Voyager Revell 1/670 fully lit

Hello Guys

Some progress with deflector dish.

5mm LEDs for torpedo lauchers were light blocked using combination of putty and alu foil. Not the nicest solution but a working one 🙂

IMG_3245

The pictures made by my phone camera really does not make justice, the light have nice round shape and the color from LED like really nice.

I'm starting to think using some different camera to show you more accurate pictures.

IMG_3244 IMG_3243

• Like 10

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Mate

Thank you kindly sir 🙂

Yeah, it is quite difficlut to be honest. Basically i need to do the putty and sanding work for each connection of two parts.

Actually no, the Green Stawberry etch parts were released recently. At the time when i started the build last year there was only this classic Para Grafix etch kit available. At the time i had to order it from US and waited about 3 months to get it into the Czech Republic. 🙂

Which is crazy, because the Green Stawberry is actually local company and if i would have known they are gonna release their own set i would have waited and save some costs and headache. 

Lot of things the Green Stawberry added with their kit i tried to recreate using scratch built plastic parts but there are some details which i will miss on my build. Like better thrusters and details in deflector dish 😞

Edited by Tarabas93
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Guys 

Uploading some pictures from latest progress.

Deflector dish is now complete and with it the lighting of lower section of the ship. My efforts will be now focused onto upper section 🙂

IMG_3326

IMG_3330 IMG_3329 IMG_3327

Have a nice day

Lukas

• Like 13

2 hours ago, Tarabas93 said:

Hello Guys 

Uploading some pictures from latest progress.

Deflector dish is now complete and with it the lighting of lower section of the ship. My efforts will be now focused onto upper section 🙂

IMG_3326

IMG_3330 IMG_3329 IMG_3327

Have a nice day

Lukas

That's a great effect you've created there, 

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you Mate

I'am happy you like my work, community here it's much more welcoming and supporting than in Czech forums.

Well to be honest the technique was nothing special i refined it as i go. I drilled two holes with 0.8mm drill into window,bottom and up. Then i connect this two holes using sharp scalpel knife, and then it just shaping the window with scalpel. I cut tiny pieces along the vertical side of the window and i did every time twist the knife at the top and bottom where vertical and horizontal sides are connecting in order to get the square shape. Same proces i repeated on horizontal sides of the window.

Afterwards i cleaned the shape using sand rolled into stick.

Hope its understandable and it will help you😀

Lukas

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hello Mate

Yeah, this dish look awesome, for me it is little too late as my is already in place and I'm afraid by removing it, i could damage the clear part underneath. Not saying that I'm not tempted though 😀

But I'm some future builders i will be great enhancement of overall model look.

Thanks for sharing it