1/72 - Hawker Tempest Mk.V/VI & Mk.II by Kovozávody Prostějov (KP) - released - P.1027 Tempest conversion by Freightdog Models

Homebee

Kovozávody Prostějov (KP) is to release in 2021 a family of 1/72nd Hawker Tempest kits.

Source: http://www.modelarovo.cz/novinky-kovozavody-prostejov-na-1-q-2021/

- ref. KPM0219 - Tempest Mk.V - Wing Commanders

https://www.aviationmegastore.com/hawker-tempest-mkv-wing-commanders-kovozvody-prostejov-kpm72219-scale-modelling/product/?action=prodinfo&art=175515

KPM0219-cista-scaled.jpg

- ref. KPM0220 - Tempest Mk.V - Clostermann

https://www.aviationmegastore.com/hawker-tempest-mkv-clostermann-kovozvody-prostejov-kpm72220-scale-modelling/product/?action=prodinfo&art=175516

KPM0220-cista-scaled.jpg

- ref. KPM0221 - Tempest Mk.V - Srs.1

https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/KPM72222

https://www.aviationmegastore.com/hawker-tempest-mkv-srs-1-kovozvody-prostejov-kpm72221-scale-modelling/product/?action=prodinfo&art=177481

177481-0.jpg

177481-1.jpg

- ref. KPM0222 - Tempest Mk.V - 486.(NZ) SQ

https://www.aviationmegastore.com/hawker-tempest-mkv-no-486nzsq-kovozvody-prostejov-kpm72222-scale-modelling/product/?action=prodinfo&art=175517

KPM0222-cista-scaled.jpg

- ref. KPM0226 - Tempest Mk.II - Export

KPM0226-cista-scaled.jpg

- ref. KPM0227 - Tempest Mk.II/F.2

KPM0227-cista-scaled.jpg

- ref. KPM0228 - Tempest F.2 - Silver Wings

KPM0228-cista-scaled.jpg

V.P.

Matt-Memory2.jpg

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Hawker Tempest Mk.V/VI & Mk.II by Kovozávody Prostějov (KP) - box art - release in 2021
5 minutes ago, alt-92 said:

Mk.IIs... Interesting.

As is the Mk.VI......

"And now to new forms. Tempest Mk.V launches a family of Tempests of all versions and alternative armaments. In addition to the Mk.V and MK.II, there will also be a version of the Mk.VI, which has never been available as a injection model."

Edge

Good afternoon

I must be dreaming no new Tempest kits for ages and this year we will have all the marks ...

I look forward to seeing pictures of the sprues because I wasn't really impressed with their Mustangs familly : no pylons and fuel tanks included in the kit for example .. and judging by the box arts of the Mk V they also forgot the fuel tanks , maybe they will sell them separately as they did for the Mustangs ..

Patrice

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Work In Progress said:

Yep, remembered that just in time hence my edit 😂

Although too slowly for you!

Sorry 'bout that, I was in the process of responding to Edge when you did....

Well, to be fair to the Czechs, the Matchbox kit is quite a bit older than their country, they may not have noticed the cave paintings depicting it being thrown at whooly rhinocerii 

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

2 hours ago, LanceB said:

Sorry 'bout that, I was in the process of responding to Edge when you did....

Well, to be fair to the Czechs, the Matchbox kit is quite a bit older than their country, they may not have noticed the cave paintings depicting it being thrown at whooly rhinocerii 

@LanceB, @Work In Progress I built the Matchbox kit as a kid, lying on my belly in front of the fire watching the Wrestling on World of Sport! Remember the kit well!

The 1/32 kit looks magnificent, especially when someone skilled really goes to town, but too big for me unfortunately.

Let's hope the KP one is leaps ahead & includes the fuel tanks (I have their Mustang Mk.III and was sore that the tanks were extra). 

Edge

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Edge said:

I built the Matchbox kit as a kid, lying on my belly in front of the fire watching the Wrestling on World of Sport!

Same as me, except I had a folding table and it was a 1/48 Monogram Hurricane I remember building in front of the wrestling, and then switching over for the football results on Grandstand. I can smell the paint now.

• Like 2

Matchbox Tempest MkII was my paint mule for decades. I recently stripped it and rebuilt it so it finally fulfilled its destiny. One of the most satisfying builds I've done.

Edited by sroubos
  • Like 5

BTW - The Mk II was produced in large numbers before V-J day, but were they deployed to far east before V-J or still remained in Europe? I can find only that they were not used in any WW2 operation...

Regards

J-W

Interesting! 

If KP are listening, I’d rush out the Mk.V series kits as soon as possible. Airfix suggest that their kit will be available from Winter 21/22, so now is the best time to maximise your sales. The Mk.II and VI are good moves and am sure these will sell in good numbers if the reviews are complimentary. 

Cheers and good luck.. Dave 

33 minutes ago, Redboost said:

Actually, they are coming from a third brand too, that’s the reason  why KP quickly announced theirs, as usually. 

Good morning Redboost 

Please let us know which is this thrird brand my past experiences with Kp kits is not great especially with their H75 and Mustangs  ...

Best Regards

Patrice

10 hours ago, Rabbit Leader said:

Interesting! 

If KP are listening, I’d rush out the Mk.V series kits as soon as possible. Airfix suggest that their kit will be available from Winter 21/22, so now is the best time to maximise your sales. The Mk.II and VI are good moves and am sure these will sell in good numbers if the reviews are complimentary. 

Cheers and good luck.. Dave 

Good morning Dave

Personnaly I won't rush to buy the Kp Tempest because I have some Academy and Heller Mk V and Matchbox Mk II/VI in my stash and because of my past experience with Kp kits ...

Best regards

Patrice

49 minutes ago, Redboost said:

Actually, they are coming from a third brand too, that’s the reason  why KP quickly announced theirs, as usually. 

Interesting. Are you able to spill the beans on who is no. 3?

J