1/72 - Hawker Tempest Mk.V/VI & Mk.II by Kovozávody Prostějov (KP) - released - P.1027 Tempest conversion by Freightdog Models

Homebee

3 hours ago, TEMPESTMK5 said:

Good morning

As far as I am concerned  I will wait to see pictures of the sprues  and even the first builds  before buying this kit because I was quite disappointed with their Mustang and the lack of fuel tanks that were sold separately , I hope that  KP wil not  do the same with the Tempest ....

Cheers

Patrice

You mean KP tried the same trick as Eduard, with their mountains of aftermarket for their own kits? Shame on them!

John

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, John Thompson said:

You mean KP tried the same trick as Eduard, with their mountains of aftermarket for their own kits? Shame on them!

John

Good afternoon John

I have already built several Eduard kits (spitfire Mk IX and Mk XVI) without having to use their after market products but who can imagine building a Mustang without fuel tanks or even the pylons to carry them ? luckily I was able to recover these parts from wrecks and used them on the KP/AZmodel Mustang Kits that I had built ...

And I am affraid that it will be the same with the Tempest judging by the box arts of the Mk V above..

Cheers

Patrice

• Like 3

On 01/05/2021 at 11:34, Rabbit Leader said:

What do I do now with my two stashed Matchbox kits? 

"...sell them to ModelrayNZ" 😄 (jks)

may want to hold on to them till we see the sprue shots - i really like the s-199(though eduward will be amazballs) the mig-19 however...was very 'hand crafted' :S

49 minutes ago, The wooksta V2.0 said:

The MiG 19 was one of their older short run kits, the S199s are the newer HQT kits.  I'd say the Tempests will be more of the latter.

The MiG-19 may be a short run but it's far from old, first box was issued in late 2019

On 5/3/2021 at 1:50 PM, The wooksta V2.0 said:

Could have sworn it was older than that

It's a new designed one as opposed to the old KP -19 I suspect you're thinking of :)

I should probably clarify (without goong too OT!) i found the mig-19 main parts and small  external details very nice, the cockpit and internal intake pieces by comparision feel very "home made" and lacking any detail - almost from a different kit! whereas the s-199 seems far more uniform in detail and quality throughout!

Im hoping the tempest will be more s-199 than mig-19 in that regard :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The fit of the plastic is fine, add the resin bits - especially the wheel well insert - and you're in a whole new colour of hell.

I got so far and gave up, hating it more than you could possibly dream about. Life is too short and the Matchbox one was good enough for me.

Edited by The wooksta V2.0
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

1 hour ago, Herb said:

How is the existing Tempest Mk.II from Special Hobby? Does it badly need replacement?

Special Hobby released this model in 2005 and if I may make a suggestion, I would wait for Eduard's kit to be scaled down in 1/48.

Tempest in 1/32 is a joint effort between the two companies, Tempest II is jointly released in 1/48 and most likely it will be Special Hobby that will release it in 1/72 and Eduard will repackage the sprues in their boxes - just like they did with the latest Bf 109E.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, The wooksta V2.0 said:

The fit of the plastic is fine, add the resin bits - especially the wheel well insert - and you're in a whole new colour of hell.

I got so far and gave up, hating it more than you could possibly dream about. Life is too short and the Matchbox one was good enough for me.

Thanks that makes me happy to know Ive just acquired a Matchbox kit. 

• Like 1

• Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Hawker Tempest Mk.V/VI & Mk.II by Kovozávody Prostějov (KP) - box art+schemes - Mk.V/VI release May 2021

Other than filling some moulding flaws, adding a cockpit interior (which can't be seen as it's all black) and a decent canopy, the Matchbox kit holds it's own.  I'd also round off the cowling ring at the front a bit as otherwise it looks a bit square.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Hawker Tempest Mk.V/VI & Mk.II by Kovozávody Prostějov (KP) - box art+schemes+sprue+test build - Mk.V/VI release June 2021
2 minutes ago, Tbolt said:

What am I missing there? It seem to be the same post to me, except Homebee's was just a shared post of it.

Just technical difference, I guess - HKR links direct source and desktop version instead of mobile one. Downloading photos from desktop version of FB seems to be a little bit easier for many people.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Piotr Mikolajski said:

Just technical difference, I guess - HKR links direct source and desktop version instead of mobile one. Downloading photos from desktop version of FB seems to be a little bit easier for many people.

Okay I see, I'm on my phone at the moment so that's why I didn't see a difference.

• 2 weeks later...

Source: http://www.modelarovo.cz/hawker-tempest-mk-v-1-72-kp-kovozavody-prostejov/

English sumary

These days, the first traditional manufacturer, Kovozávody Prostějov, is launching the long-awaited new kit of the famous Hawker Tempest Mk.V fighter aircraft, in the most popular 1/72 scale. The new kit is made of metal molds using 3D technology. The parts are clean, without dents and defects with a very detailed fine negative engraving. Alternative parts enable the construction of Tempests of both production series. The control assembly showed only one small problem. It is necessary to lightly grind the bottom of the radiator on the sides during construction, because the halves of the engine did not fit together a bit. Otherwise, the construction went smoothly, as you can see in the attached photos.
At first glance, the model is far too „chopped“, which is not „in“ nowadays and many ordinary modelers disgust a large number of parts. There is beauty in simplicity, which is completely confirmed by our new „Emil“. The new Tempest is not easy to build in terms of the number of parts, but it is a tax that this kit is also the basis for other versions of Tempest. You can look forward to Tempest Mk.II and MK.VI, including all weapons. We will launch these versions this summer. Later, there will be a version of the Mk.I and other prototype versions, so that a number of Tempests are as complete as possible. We will launch the new Tempest in four boxes, including the classic – The Great Charles fighter Pierre Clostermann, so everyone will definitely choose. Models will be available at all good sellers and also on our e-shop. We will start shipping this model to foreign sellers within the next week.

100-0771.jpg

100-0774.jpg

100-0772.jpg

100-0773.jpg

100-0785.jpg

100-0753.jpg

100-0754.jpg

100-0757.jpg

V.P.

• Like 7

So, looks like  a Mk V Series 2 is going to be first, makes sense if Airfix are doing a Series 1, which looks likely. Is it a trick of the photo or does it, as built, look a bit odd with the wing dihedral and centre section? Always something in Tempest kits to look out for when building.