1/72 - Hawker Tempest Mk.V/VI & Mk.II by Kovozávody Prostějov (KP) - released - P.1027 Tempest conversion by Freightdog Models

Homebee

On 1/25/2022 at 1:26 PM, Homebee said:

Expected in February 2022

- ref. KPM0226 - Hawker Tempest F.2 - export

KPM0226-kamo.jpg

I was under the impression the Chakra roundels were blue and not orange  (like what Matchbox gave us once upon a time). 

36 minutes ago, alt-92 said:

I was under the impression the Chakra roundels were blue and not orange  (like what Matchbox gave us once upon a time). 

Just blue in the middle or the whole thing? I've seen models with the whole thing blue, but there's photo's of aircraft which show it's two colours. That's if they were all the same or they were they changed at some point?

18 minutes ago, alt-92 said:

But like I said it's clear in some images they are two colour, like this.

HA552.jpg

and this, which is the scheme in the kit. The grey scale shade looks close to the orange of the fin flash.

HA554.jpg

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, alt-92 said:

200.gif

Exactly. They talk about it being all blue in several places, but some photo say otherwise. Also I know museum aircraft are not always a good indication of colours, but this aircraft in an Indian museum has it green and orange, be it the dot in the center doesn't match the dark shade of the photo's above.

ha623-indian-air-force-hawker-tempest-ii

18 minutes ago, RidgeRunner said:

They could have been, but the question is did they get repainted once in India? If we don't know that it's maybe best to stick to the orange that's in the kit if that's the only picture available of 554.

2 hours ago, alt-92 said:

Then again, museum rebuilds aren't the best examples to use as reference...

That'll be why I said " I know museum aircraft are not always a good indication of colours" The point was that it looks closer to the colours in the photos I posted than the all blue one. But was the outer ring blue or green in those examples?

7 minutes ago, Tbolt said:

They could have been, but the question is did they get repainted once in India? If we don't know that it's maybe best to stick to the orange that's in the kit if that's the only picture available of 554.

I haven’t found any in service photos of Tempests with the Chakra :(

i’ll be building the later scheme anyway ;)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry to revive an old thread but I don't recall it being mentioned that the Tempest F.6 kit also contains parts for the Mk.2, a la Matchbox. I presume that when KP says Slate Grey they mean Dark Slate Grey.

• Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Hawker Tempest Mk.V/VI & Mk.II by Kovozávody Prostějov (KP) - released

Released

- ref. KPM0226 - Hawker Tempest F.2 - export - https://www.mn-modelar.com/1-72-tempest-f-2-export-902134952

- ref. KPM0227 - Hawker Tempest Mk.II/F.2 - https://www.mn-modelar.com/1-72-tempest-mk-ii-f-2-902134953

- ref. KPM0228 - Hawker Tempest F.2 - silver wings - https://www.mn-modelar.com/1-72-tempest-f-2-silver-wings-902134954

361-1-72-tempest-f-2-export-jpg-big.jpg 361-1-72-tempest-mk-ii-f-2-jpg-big.jpg

361-1-72-tempest-f-2-silver-wings-jpg-bi

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, dalea said:

Sorry to revive an old thread but I don't recall it being mentioned that the Tempest F.6 kit also contains parts for the Mk.2, a la Matchbox. I presume that when KP says Slate Grey they mean Dark Slate Grey.

10 hours ago, dalea said:

If you mean the "desert scheme" on the F.6, actually it was Light Slate Grey, a colour not often used for camouflage purpose in WW2 (but was used for codes on many types) that for some reason resurfaced in a couple of schemes in the early postwar years,

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Courtesy of a friend from my old work here is the official scheme from the horse's mouth so to speak. Billa is ex-IAF as was his father.

spacer.png

If they had been mispainted by Hawkers he believes they would have been repainted immediately upon arrival. Tensions were high at the time after all. Similar has happened with other delivery schemes over the years. Note the white background so not blue over bare metal.

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...
59 minutes ago, PhantomBigStu said:

Just won the Closterman boxing on eBay (combo listing wanted the other kkt), does it come with the parts for II/VI? Ask as just had just brought an academy kit so if I build it would like to do it as a VI.

It doesn't appear to Stu, looking on Super Hobby's website at the sprue pics the Mk II/VI kit contains a whole extra sprue with the specific part for those Mks, including rockets. The Mk V is strictly Mk V fwics.

Steve.

On 3/2/2022 at 5:59 PM, JWM said:

Mine Mk II arrived today. Fast look inside and the shortest in box review: OK! I mean really "OK"!  :)

Regards

J-W

Mine landed on my doorstep yesterday and she looks good :)

Martin