1/72 - Hawker Tempest Mk.V/VI & Mk.II by Kovozávody Prostějov (KP) - released - P.1027 Tempest conversion by Freightdog Models

Homebee

On 7/23/2021 at 7:44 PM, TEMPESTMK5 said:

I would be very happy if SH/Eduard will release their kits in the autumn but I hope that they will take their time to do a good job..

That seems a bit wishful thinking.

The only hint is that they would like to do that (see below) - and usually we would have seen more concrete bits already by now.

Downscaling the designs from 1/48 tends to take Eduard at least two years and the Mk.II is just out. 

Sorry to be such a party pooper :P 

Although if they do decide to do it, they'd better start with the Mk.II, because otherwise they will have to fight for a spot on the shop shelves with Airfix and KP.

• Sad 1

• 1 month later...

Any news on the upcoming Tempest Mk II release? I would love to see a preview of the additional parts that would be included in the box in order to find out whether a Mk VI can be created from its sprues or whether I have to wait until KP finally releases that version in another boxing. 🤔

By the way, in contrast to the current headline in the title of this thread the Mk VI has not been released by KP yet and cannot be build from the sprues that are included in the Mk V boxings. 😉

Edited by 112 Squadron
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Hawker Tempest Mk.V/VI & Mk.II by Kovozávody Prostějov (KP) - Mk.V/VI released - new Mk.V & F.6 boxings in November 2021
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Hawker Tempest Mk.V/VI & Mk.II by Kovozávody Prostějov (KP) - Mk.V released - new Mk.V & F.6 boxings in November 2021
10 hours ago, Homebee said:

KP-225-F-6-Over-Egypt.jpg

Great news, thank you! Although that Slate Grey and Dark Earth camo'ed F.6 sharing the sky with a sand and green Israeli S-199 is pure alternate reality.

Edited by Fukuryu
  • Like 4

15 hours ago, Homebee said:

New boxings in November 2021 

- ref. KPM0225 - Hawker Tempest F.6 - Over Egypt

KP-225-F-6-Over-Egypt.jpg

V.P.

Very nice collection of Tempest boxing’s on there way, but for me the Desert Scheme is certainty my favourite. Now with a bit of Spit and a lot of Polish, the old Matchbox kit is still an option but this range looks to be a much more easier way to go. 
Cheers .. Dave 

26458966848_e4a2e4fe3c_b.jpg

• Like 14

Dang, David, that does look fine! Not only have you subdued the notorious Matchbox panel lines beautifully, but the overall smoothness of the panels themselves is striking - no sink marks or unevenness at all, that I can see. Well done!

John

• Thanks 1

On 12/11/2021 at 22:11, Rabbit Leader said:

Now with a bit of Spit and a lot of Polish, the old Matchbox kit is still an option but this range looks to be a much more easier way to go. 
Cheers .. Dave 

This is a very beautiful Tempest F 6. I like that scheme too. 👍 To be honest, I had really given up hope years ago that some manufacturer would release a 1/72 Tempest F 6 one day. Even though I still have two Matchbox Tempests and plenty of enhancements for them in my stash I am going to buy even more Tempests from KP.

Edited by 112 Squadron
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Hawker Tempest Mk.V/VI & Mk.II by Kovozávody Prostějov (KP) - Mk.V released - new Mk.V & F.6 boxings

Released

- ref. KPM0252 - Hawker Tempest Mk.V - At War - https://eshop.kovozavody.cz/10592,en_tempest-mk.v-at-war-.html

- ref. KPM0223 - Hawker Tempest F.6 - https://eshop.kovozavody.cz/10589,en_tempest-f.6.html

- ref. KPM0224 - Hawker Tempest F.6 - Silver Wings - https://eshop.kovozavody.cz/10590,en_tempest-f.6-silver-wings-.html

- ref. KPM0225 - Hawker Tempest F.6 - Over Egypt - https://eshop.kovozavody.cz/10591,en_tempest-f.6-over-egypt-.html

KPM0252-RUist-.jpg KPM0223-RUist-.jpg

KPM0224-RUist-.jpg KPM0225-RUist-.jpg

V.P.

From what I can see here the sprues are obviously including all the parts required for building the Tempest Mk II including rocket rails:

https://www.modelimex.com/172-hawker-tempest-f6-over-egypt-3x-camo-kpm-72225

https://www.modelimex.com/172-hawker-tempest-f6-3x-camo-kpm-72223

• Like 1

It does appear to have the necessary parts to do a Mk.II in the box - and it looks good. 

y4mkn6uk9oAII1Gh0uQU5N9XBFxK0_FK6CwwE3l0

I do hope they'll continue the series with the Fury/Sea Fury family member someday :pray:

FAA Sea Furies, Aussie and Canadians, Dutch, Cuban, Burmese and Pakistani,  Iraqi Fury, RAF prototype... T.20 even maybe.. 

• Like 11

I received my Tempest F.6 today. Looking at the sheets of the construction guide that was provided by KP I spotted a mistake. The rocket rails that are included can only be used for the construction of the Mk II and not as shown in the assembly manual for the Tempest F.6. All Tempest F.6 were equipped with the Mk VIII zero length rocket launchers.

• Like 2

• Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Hawker Tempest Mk.V/VI & Mk.II by Kovozávody Prostějov (KP) - Mk.V/VI released - Mk.II in Q1 2022
  • 2 weeks later...

About the Tempest Mk.II kits: https://www.modelarovo.cz/tempest-mk-ii-1-72-kovozavody-prostejov/

English summary

TEMPEST ….

After the released versions of Mk.V and F.6, the Mk.II version will be available at the end of January. Shortly before Christmas, our friend, friend and co-worker from Ireland, Roy Derek Kinsella, received a Tempesta Mk, .II from us for a check-up. In just two weeks, he sent us photos of three beautifully built models. He wrote the following comment:

Some good news, I have built and completed the three Tempest Mk.II models. They are absolutely superb!!!! Having built a number of the previously released 1/72nd Scale, kovozavody Tempest Mk.V, I was really excited to learn the Mk.II radial engine Tempest was to be released in 2022. Kovozavody was kind enough to send me some early samples and I could not resist getting straight into the build. As before with the Mk.V kits, the casts were stunning, clean, crisp and with no flash whatsoever. The surface detail is mouth-watering with finely engraved lines. Some of these parts are so exquisitely detailed, such as the cockpit, wheels and undercarriage bays, that you simply cannot justify any aftermarket replacement parts.The build process was effortless and all the parts fitted perfectly. The fact I could build three of these in just two weeks, should reassure anyone reading this, that these kits are incredibly rewarding and offer no problems. I wholly enjoyed constructing the Tempest Mk.II and I am already planning to build the new Tempest F.6 kits also. I would highly recommend these kits to anyone, all the Kovozavody Tempest variants are hugely rewarding and wonderfully priced, besides they are just stunning to look at when complete.

We will launch the Tempest Mk.II model at the end of January. If you are interested in other versions of this aircraft, you will find them in the attached link

eshop.kovozavody.cz/en_Tempest

1-3.jpg

1-4.jpg

3-2.jpg

3-5.jpg

V.P.

• Like 11

I'd still like to see (prefer) an Eduard/SH/Arma Tempest of any variant, but as much chance as ever seeing a Spit XII in 72nd scale I guess.

I originally thought Airfix could simply downsize their 48th Spit XII but according to the recent Hornby tv series it is not such a straightforward task and the kit would have to be completely re-drawn/designed to suit 72nd scale build requirements, or so they say.

Regards

Colin.

• Like 1

• Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Hawker Tempest Mk.V/VI & Mk.II by Kovozávody Prostějov (KP) - Mk.V/VI released - Mk.II in February 2022