Chevrolet Super Sport Roadster

Spiny

That looks cracking Spiny - can't say it's a car I particularly like (looks a bit like a modern Morris 1000 pickup to me!), but I do like a good model - and that is certainly one of those!

Nice work!

Keith

• Thanks 1

Thanks. I think the idea was that it should look like a 1950s Chevy pickup (the SSR comes from the Retro period of the 2000s which gave us things like the Beetle, Mini, Fiat 500 etc.). Can't deny that it's a bit of a marmite car in terms of looks though!

19 hours ago, Spiny said:

Can't deny that it's a bit of a marmite car in terms of looks though!

Couldn't agree more, however your model is more a cup of tea and biscuits, and who doesn't like a cup of tea and biscuits? 😋 😁

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I've reached that stage where it's time to call this one done. The last bits this weekend were adding some insulation/paint to the underside of the deck lid and getting the roof sorted. The first one was easy, the second one less so.

The main issue with the roof was that it has two small pegs to fit into small holes between the door cards and body. But a build up of paint rendered this more than a tight fit. In the end I just cut off the small pegs, which would have been sufficient - the sun visors provide structural support for the roof on this kit so I could have got away with it 😆. But instead, I decided to drill into the roof and insert some wire in there instead. Or, on one side left the 0.4mm drill bit which snapped off in there. The end result is much smaller pegs which fit into the hole pretty well and should do the job. (They're also surprisingly difficult to get in focus when you try to take a picture!)

51153423571_6f763914c0_b.jpg

I'm aiming to get the photoshoot done tonight, so the RFI will have to wait until tomorrow, but here's a sneak preview of it in the sun.

51154529010_871ec42739_b.jpg

Thanks to everyone who commented and read this thread, hope you like the next build as well.

• Like 8