1/72 airfield

Texans

Sounds good on the wheels    They are just some I had lid about  and the ones from the Mack looked but too big for my liking and a wrong style 

1 hour ago, Texans said:

Hi @danbuoy  that's the tanker part from a kenworth like you said about just removed from its chassis.  I have  removed part of the tractor unit  just behind the cab. the  trailer chassis was butchered to salvage the under chassis pump box and the rear crash structure with round rear lights. A box will be made with plasticard to go between cab and tank. Wheels are from a 1/76 Oxford truck model. 

Looks good.  Technically the tanker front wheels are great cast lumps with raised spokes.  This is one in civil use

KY%20GRAVES%20CO%20T3%201983%20MACK%20GS

but I left mine as standard corgi & I think going with Oxford wheels will be a good call.

I saw a picture somewhere with flatter front wheels, them standard cast ones are a lump.    On another note  m F-14 has arrived  but seems to be missing its canopy 🤬. So many planes  not enough space lol 

Hey y'all   I have been playing around with the layout and  changes things to give a bit more interest from different angles    

51288706648_82c7cf5900_b.jpg

Let me know what ya think in comments and as always  thanks for looking 

• 2 months later...

Looks great Texans!

I've just found your thread after reading through the 1/48 diorama thread.

Quite a fantastic array of diorama ideas going on here!

I'm also doing a 1/72 diorama like you with added 1/76 stuff too but this will be a 1/72, 1/76 Airport and Museum mixed with a OO Gauge Layout to give an entrance scene to the airport.

Looking forward to more updates!!!!