Metal Earth V-22 Osprey,

Hi All,

Seeing as I didn't see a subforum for models of this type, hopefully this is the proper spot for these 3D metal puzzle aircraft models.  This is Metal Earth's Boeing V-22 Osprey.  These kits have come such a long ways from the rather crude early Metal Earth kits that loosely looked like what they were trying to represent.  Outside of some of the complex shapes that had to be formed, this wasn't too difficult a kit to assemble.  Definitely have built fiddlier models from the line up.   

Cheers,

Albert

50831819473_72d4a27cd9_b.jpg

50831818388_4968d26bd6_b.jpg

50832646282_f2fdcd6838_b.jpg

50832561621_33a366edc5_b.jpg

50831819198_16e3c435d9_b.jpg

• Like 15

I've assembled the Apollo Lunar Rover,, B-17, China Clipper, Imperial AT-AT and Darth Vader's TIE Advanced X1. They are a fun diversion from plastic modeling, aren't they? Your Osprey looks really great. Do the tilt rotors move or are they strictly in the landing/takeoff/hover setting?

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, SAT69 said:

Fascinating! What's involved in building the kit?

These kits are made from laser cut metal sheets (nickel plated IIRC). The parts have to be removed from the fret (you can twist them free, but it's recommended that you use cutters), bent to shape, and locked in place by either folding a tab over (mainly exterior assemblies where the join is visible) or twisting the tab. They don't require glue, though I do use thin viscosity CA glue on assemblies that are a bit loose or just wonky in fit. 

Cheers,

Albert

1 hour ago, silverkite211 said:

I've assembled the Apollo Lunar Rover,, B-17, China Clipper, Imperial AT-AT and Darth Vader's TIE Advanced X1. They are a fun diversion from plastic modeling, aren't they? Your Osprey looks really great. Do the tilt rotors move or are they strictly in the landing/takeoff/hover setting?

Thank you! The rotors are fixed in the hover mode, but the model itself is removable from its stand instead of being fixed to it (a first as far I know). 

Cheers,

Albert 

• Thanks 1