Bronco British Airborne Jeep with trailer & 75mm gun in 1/35

stalal

Lockdown has given me time enough to finish two build projects in a year. I have never built kits at this speed! 

This is a Bronco Jeep kit number 35163. Its a tiny kit but its size does not represent how well detailed it is out of the box. Its trailer might look like just a box on wheels. On the contrary, its full of small details like side hooks in minute photo etch, brake lining, full wooden slatted floor and even a wrench which has its own photo etch stowage! The instruction also has a wiring diagram for routing the brake light wires of the trailer. 

The kit has so many parts and so much detail that you wont need after market. The bicycle comes from Bronco British Airborne Equipment set AB3567. 

This is the first time I have ever painted figures. The details were so good, I did not want to leave them out. I have used Vallejo colors to paint the figures. 

9K3Jd6s.jpg

vfuwFSd.jpg

G3U0TPL.jpg

er4hhrR.jpg

KNiirkN.jpg

VdyInX9.jpg

y8CL6rW.jpg

The fender storage box was made from Evergreen strips

6fp8b73.jpg

ZCGyx2D.jpg

These colors were used 

eqf4Dw8.jpg

Edited by stalal
  • Like 39
  • Thanks 1

Very impressive indeed 👏👌👍 really like the detail and, well, everything. 

Just got my 1st bronco kit today and was very impressed especially the figure. 

We'll done 😊

A

Edited by APA

10 hours ago, f matthews said:

I’m building the Bronco Airborne Recce/Signal set right now.  Bronco has done a great job on these Jeeps.
Yours looks fantastic!

50833824001_92fcc29bb3_b.jpg

This is coming along very nicely.

I will be buying this one too. I have two other Bronco Jeep kits in the stash. You can not have one Jeep kit. There are so many variations. I built by the book, following instructions. The build was intense as there are so many tiny parts. I later realized I could have made some variations. Anyway, this was very enjoyable build. 

When I was building this kit and added more parts on top of the engine head, I had trouble closing the hood. So I built the engine only up to this point in your photo. Just wanted you to know if you plan to keep the hoods closed. 

Edited by stalal
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, stalal said:

This is coming along very nicely.

I will be buying this one too. I have two other Bronco Jeep kits in the stash. You can not have one Jeep kit. There are so many variations. I built by the book, following instructions. The build was intense as there are so many tiny parts. I later realized I could have made some variations. Anyway, this was very enjoyable build. 

When I was building this kit and added more parts on top of the engine head, I had trouble closing the hood. So I built the engine only up to this point in your photo. Just wanted you to know if you plan to keep the hoods closed. 

That is very good information.  I was thinking about one open/one closed. The top section part with the air filter and radiator hose was damaged in both sprues, but I’ll see if there is a way to make that part removable.

9 minutes ago, Buzby061 said:

That looks very nice, are the rank chevrons on the crew decals?

Not done a Bronco kit but waiting to get my mitts on a their Comet.

Pete

Yes rank chevrons are included in the kit. 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 7/11/2022 at 5:23 AM, Flat Chat said:

Excellent job, very nice detailing and figures.

Just wondering about the Bronco Jeeps and the fit of the bonnet/hood?

Yeah, its a bit off. When I put the full engine in, I was not able to close the hood. So I removed the carburetor and the hood closed. Since I wanted to keep the hood closed, it did not matter to me if I had assembled the full engine or not. 

May be I was making some mistake. I will know once I build the next Bronco Jeep in stash. Its a wonderful kit with very sharp details.

• Like 1