Heller news 2021

gioca

Heller is back ... the catalogue 2021 is here: 

https://www.heller.fr/en/category/modelkit

It shows several news even if I suppose nothing originated from new tools, only and simply riedition and rebox non necessary from Heller's Tools. For instance is the F84F in 1/48 scale from an Heller ancient tools or the Kinetic Rebox ? The same for other subjects ad the Mirage 2000C in 1/48 and more ... Heller or Kinetic ? The PC6, is it the Roden Rebox ? The new owner of this iconic french firm is a big german name in the distribution of model kits, so a new policy of rebox with updated kits in heller box is possible, we'll see ... 

In terms of packaging, it appears that Heller's own kits have 'Fabrique en France' printed under their logo, whereas their reboxes of other companies tooling do not.

This is from the forums

'The second good news is that the first testhots for Estafette have been made and first result is great. There will be some improvements but we are happy to put on the market by march or april 2021.
And the third good news: We decided for several other new molds and have a hughe investmentplan for 2021 and 2022. HELLER will come back with several real new products.'

https://heller-forever.forumactif.com/t14169-message-glow2b-heller-de-heinz-aux-membres

Good to see investment into the company.

Regards

Robert

• Like 5

Excellent news that the 1/72 Shermans are due back.  They give the (unobtainable) Dragon kits a run for their money as the best in 1/72, are certainly cheaper and highlight the Airfix Firefly as a dismal disappointment in comparison.  The price for the "proper" kits and the starter kits is the same: I don't know what (presumably) get left out of the kits to compensate for (presumably) the addition of brush and paints.

• Like 3

Apllaud Heller's revival, knowing how difficult job is ahead of them, although have serious dobuts about their market position, given obsolence of majority of toolings, competition, and most importantly quite high pricing for again some truely old and long surpassed models.

P.S. Thunderstreak is Kinetic

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Seahawk said:

Excellent news that the 1/72 Shermans are due back.  

I totally agree! I have built one so far, which was a pleasant experience (except for the decals).

The Heller M4A2 gives plenty opportunties for French/Soviet lend-lease vehicles!

It's almost as good as the Dragon kit, but cheaper.

Edited by Roman Schilhart
typo
  • Like 2

Glad to see a revival in Heller's fortunes even if it does mean reissuing other people's kits in their boxes.

I'm curious about the Martinet, the recent SH kit of the Si.204 was to 1/48th and the new releases show the Martinet to be 1/72nd.  I do hope it's not the ancient Kopro kit because that won't be doing anyone any favours!

7 minutes ago, Wez said:

I'm curious about the Martinet, the recent SH kit of the Si.204 was to 1/48th and the new releases show the Martinet to be 1/72nd.  I do hope it's not the ancient Kopro kit because that won't be doing anyone any favours!

It will probably be the R.V. Aircraft kit, which has already been reboxed by (new) KP:

https://www.scalemates.com/nl/kits/rvaircraft-72004-nord-nc701-martinet--160968

• Thanks 1

Their range of 1/24 car models are really good, I was well pleased to see them re-released. They need a bit of work sometimes but with the right hands doing it make (see the Heller group builds) make fantastic models. Even I can make them look acceptable. Although mainly French orientated they make subjects no one else will. I have always wished that we could have a British manufacturer make a range of 1/24th British cars.  

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, cherry268 said:

Their range of 1/24 car models are really good, I was well pleased to see them re-released. They need a bit of work sometimes but with the right hands doing it make (see the Heller group builds) make fantastic models. Even I can make them look acceptable. Although mainly French orientated they make subjects no one else will. I have always wished that we could have a British manufacturer make a range of 1/24th British cars.  

Fully agree on all counts!  A couple of the first car kits I built fifteen years ago when I took up the hobby again as an adult were from Heller's classic car range (Bugatti T50 & M-B 500K).  Despite (or perhaps because of!) Heller's unique way of doing things, I really enjoyed building both (as an amateur, I was still able to produce a decent model although they are now awaiting repair having suffered in several house moves), and was hooked!  In terms of UK cars, I'd love to see stuff like a Morris Minor (plenty of cope for lots of variants - I know there are a couple of resin ones, but I think the shapes of both look wrong), and a decent big Healey, as well as a later Spridget (race and / or rally variants could be spun off from both).  Some later TRs would be good too, to continue what Gunze started with their TR2 to 3A series - if a 4A rather than a 4, it could share a lot of the same sprues  as a 5 or 6).  I reckon all of these are commercially viable.  In the meantime, I await with interest what Heller's next old French car release will be!  Would love to see a Panhard or some Peugeots.

As regards the comments on new toolings, I am only familar with their car kits, but they have been steadily releasing new subject matter in addition to the reissuing of older subjects.  In terms of reboxing, it goes both ways, with Revell reboxing Heller's vintage Bentley a few years ago.

Edited by Paul H
spelling....
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Paul H said:

Fully agree on all counts!  A couple of the first car kits I built fifteen years ago when I took up the hobby again as an adult were from Heller's classic car range (Bugatti T50 & M-B 500K).  Despite (or perhaps because of!) Heller's unique way of doing things, I really enjoyed building both (as an amateur, I was still able to produce a decent model although they are now awaiting repair having suffered in several house moves), and was hooked!  In terms of UK cars, I'd love to see stuff like a Morris Minor (plenty of cope for lots of variants - I know there are a couple of resin ones, but I think the shapes of both look wrong), and a decent big Healey, as well as a later Spridget (race and / or rally variants could be spun off from both).  Some later TRs would be good too, to continue what Ginze started with their TR2 to 3A series - if a 4A rather than a 4, it could share a lot of the same sprues  as a 5 or 6).  I reckon all of these are commercially viable.  In the meantime, I await wth interest what Heller's next old car release will be!

As regards the comments on new toolings, I am only familar with their car kits, but they have been steadily releasing new subject matter in addition to the reissuing of older subjects.  In terms of reboxing, it goes both ways, with Revell reboxing Heller's vintage Bentley a few years ago.

I'd definitely go for a Morris Minor and of all the cars that should be made that has to be one of the most popular, I would want a van and pick up in bright orange, FH Burgess colours.

But I'll stop there as this is a Heller thread    

• Like 1

Boy glad to see them back...
Despite having some older kits which still are not superseded by others you have one big plus GREAT DECALS😁

Their new range of decals supplied with the kits are just great..boy o boy I hated their old dreaded though and mat decals which mostly were out of register....these days are gone now🙏

cheers, Jan

• Like 1

Agreed! Glad to see Heller fully up and running again. Also glad to see some of the older kits available once again such as the Safir. As previously mentioned, some of those older kits are still the only game in town, and most are still very acceptable. The Heller GB is certainly proving that. Of course, they are just so wonderfully French, and the subjects reflect that.

Also agree on the cars. Like the aircraft, I appreciate the heavy leaning towards French subjects, but I also hope to see some of the 1/43 kits see the light of day again....Austin Princess, Rover 3500, Renault R30 TS etc. No idea why British cars, especially daily drives and commercials are largely ignored by manufacturers. I'd be up for a Minor, and I've always been surprised a Cortina wasn't tackled except for the Lotus versions. I'd still love a Mk III in kit form. Still, at least Italeri brought back the Transit.

Anyway, welcome back Heller!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, fightersweep said:

Agreed! Glad to see Heller fully up and running again. Also glad to see some of the older kits available once again such as the Safir. As previously mentioned, some of those older kits are still the only game in town, and most are still very acceptable. The Heller GB is certainly proving that. Of course, they are just so wonderfully French, and the subjects reflect that.

Also agree on the cars. Like the aircraft, I appreciate the heavy leaning towards French subjects, but I also hope to see some of the 1/43 kits see the light of day again....Austin Princess, Rover 3500, Renault R30 TS etc. No idea why British cars, especially daily drives and commercials are largely ignored by manufacturers. I'd be up for a Minor, and I've always been surprised a Cortina wasn't tackled except for the Lotus versions. I'd still love a Mk III in kit form. Still, at least Italeri brought back the Transit.

Anyway, welcome back Heller!

I couldn't agree more - their 1/43 kits were little gems and have some really obscure stuff - Rover SD1, Austin Princess, Alfasud, Range Rover, Jag XJS, Merc SL, Alpine.... some stuff never kitted elsewhere!

TT 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TEXANTOMCAT said:

I couldn't agree more - their 1/43 kits were little gems and have some really obscure stuff - Rover SD1, Austin Princess, Alfasud, Range Rover, Jag XJS, Merc SL, Alpine.... some stuff never kitted elsewhere!

Maybe I'll test the water and drop them a line to enquire. I've watched a few being built in the Heller GB, and I got a bad case of the wants until I saw the prices of them online. Really nice looking kits though. With my sensible head on, I do wonder if they would sell in this day and age.  After all, how many sane people would want a kit of an Austin Princess or even know what one is? I know I would (and the Airfix Maxi for that matter) but I have a feeling I might be a minority amongst all those that want F1, super cars, performance cars etc. Me? I'll take the kits of daily run arounds and dad cars any day.

• Like 3

There are a few in that range which I reckon would still sell, e.g. the Range Rover, XJS, L-R S3 109 station wagon, Alpine A310, Alfasud, Merc SL, first gen BMW 6 series, Porsche 928 are all subjects that would still be popular.  No so sure about the Austin Princess, Citroen CX, Pug 604, first gen Rover SD1 and Renault 30 as they are mostly forgotten now* -  I guess it all depends on how they market them though - those could be used as part of BL / Citroen / Peugeot multipack sets along with the ones with more mainstream appeal.

TBH, the older models in that 1:43 series (mainly '50s Citroens & Peugeots) are currently available already, so maybe we may see some of the others in time.

*I'd happily buy a Princess & 604 for the sort of price that the currently released 1:43s are available at.  I already have a Humbrol boxed SD1 & whilst I haven't built it, it looks like a very decent kit.

Edited by Paul H

1 hour ago, fightersweep said:

After all, how many sane people would want a kit of an Austin Princess or even know what one is? I know I would (and the Airfix Maxi for that matter) but I have a feeling I might be a minority 

Me! Me! I would have both.

Ray

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Paul H said:

Not so sure about the Austin Princess, Citroen CX, Pug 604, first gen Rover SD1 and Renault 30 as they are mostly forgotten now* -  I guess it all depends on how they market them though - those could be used as part of BL / Citroen / Peugeot multipack sets along with the ones with more mainstream appeal.

I have to agree with you there Paul. Trouble is, is that all the ones I want are the ones that might not sell, but then again, they are all regarded as classic cars so maybe the classic/nostalgic marketing angle might work. Maybe we'll see the Renault 30 and Citroen CX again just because they're French. I'd take both. Have you had a look at the few 1/43 builds in the Heller GB gallery? There's some stunners in there.

25 minutes ago, Ray S said:

Me! Me! I would have both.

You are a gentleman of discerning taste Sir! That's three potential customers for Heller then.

Steve

• Like 1