"I am back Baby!" DC-7C and Argonaut

For the last few years my modelling output dried to a trickle then to an arid wasteland. One of the biggest mojo killing projects I have ever faced was converting a Heller DC-6 to a DC-7C I started this conversion in 2010! First with a contrail conversion set (lumps of misshapen resin) then much higher quality pieces from Neil Gaunt from Aircraft in Miniature whom I begged to look into doing a conversion set.
The amount of cutting repairing filling and sanding was overwhelming. The other model is the Revell DC-4 converted to an Argonaut also using an AIM conversion set. I started this one in about 2015, it too gave me the Royal Squitts! In the last week I did the final filling sanding priming and glued the wings on, masking and paint prior final assembly.
50830217431_628ab79454_b.jpg
50829472333_9f58748828_b.jpg

DC-7C for Alitalia Decals
Argonaut for British Midland

• Like 9

Oh nice !! Can I follow along,  pick your brains and copy your methods !!

Just started the Revell DC-4, [ or was, until the dog got hold of one of the fuselage halves........], hopefully doing it as an Ansett-ANA Cargomaster, using the Hawkeye decal sheet.

Lots of filling and sanding in front of me. Oh, and I managed to repair the fuzz half !

Hope I can build it in a bit under your 5 years.......not sure I've got that much time ahead of me.......

Rog

I love that DC-7C and have been considering Neil's conversion myself. 

I have 2 x DC-6s in the stash plus the Formaplane vacform which I thought if I combined the three, I may get a decent model. Hmmm....

Tom

2 hours ago, tomprobert said:

I love that DC-7C and have been considering Neil's conversion myself. 

I have 2 x DC-6s in the stash plus the Formaplane vacform which I thought if I combined the three, I may get a decent model. Hmmm....

Tom

Hi tom I have a spare Aim conversion set if intetested cheers wal

Great to see these heavy props underway!  I too found the Revell C-54/DC-4 a challenge to build, and it was a bit difficult getting the flaps to fit right in the retracted position, but the results are worth it.  Yours are really coming along.  Alex